Thursday, 25 June 2009

TIMES FOUR


Before I started blogging!




I've been tagged by K. Lawson Gilbert of Old Mossy Moon.


So, if you'd like to find out a bit more about me - read on........ :)





Four Movies You Can See Over and Over

A beautiful Mind
Love Actually
Four Weddings and a funeral
Ghost



Four Places You Have Lived


Yorkshire, North of England
West of Ireland
Sauerland, Germany
Munich, Germany



Four TV Shows You Love(d) to Watch


Sorry, can't think of a single one! I watch very little TV
The only programmes I like are documentary films



Four Places You Have Been on a Vacation


Rome and Venice in Italy
Dominican Republic
Majorca, Spain



Four of your favorite foods

Fish
Fresh Fruit
Cheese
Potatoes



Four Websites You Visit Daily


Facebook
Blogspot
Amazon
MSN (Hotmail)



Four Places You Would Rather Be


Top of a mountain
Swimming in a warm ocean
Sitting under a tree at a secluded lake
With all my loved ones



Four Things You Hope to Do Before You Die


See all my children well settled
Become a Grandma and Great-Grandma
Tour South India
Have endless time to myself to read & write



Four Novels You Wish You Were Reading for the First Time


The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry
The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt



Tag Four People You Believe Will Respond


Sarah - murmurs


Sai Charan - Beyond Barriers





I hope you all play along - Thanks..... :))


15 comments:

  1. Great list, Margaret! So happy you played along. It is nice to get to know a little something about the person behind the blog. Love the pre-blogging days picture. Too cute!

    Oh, I loved Angela's Ashes so much. I met Frank and Malachy McCourt on separate occasions. They are such fun. I have heard it said that Frank can be a bit snip, but he was fine the day I met him. Malachy signed his book Danny Boy for me. He even broke into song (ironically, not Danny Boy) and entertained a group of us with his singing and hilarious stories. Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great list... i will do the tag for sure... ah... and i see you want to visit south India... i hope that will be soon... So, see you here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i saw you pic now... so cute... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks K.
    It was a pleasure to play along. Yes, it's a good way to get to know a bit more about our blogger friends.
    You met Frank & Malachy McCourt!
    WOW, lucky you!! That Malacy broke into song doesn't surprise me, that's what Irish blood does to you. :D

    Lala,
    I'm so glad you're gonna to do the tag.
    Yes, I'd absolutely love to tour South India, I've heard so much about it, I wanna see it & feel it. When I come then we'll meet up - I'd love that. Let's hope my dream comes true soon.
    Glad you liked my pic, I think that must be the 1st pic ever taken of me. :)
    Looking forward to reading your list - bring it on soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did life in Ireland compare to life in Germany?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret...its a very pretty pic. of you...i am glad you love FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL....coz i like it too...you love fish ..Assam is a place for fish lovers ,trust me.
    Thanks for your comments...hope you do visit Tawang soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the picture, and the caption :)

    and this post totally confirms my view of you- you are a VERY sweet person...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good one..dear...Really spoke your heart out..God bless you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved you "Four Places You Would Rather Be" the most. Very peaceful places those. I can smell the salt water breeze just thinking about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ LGL
    Thanks so much! You know I wanted to tag you, but didn't know when you'd be back from your vacation. But feel yourself tagged here! I'd love you to play along.

    @ Harman
    Thanks Hani, glad you liked it. Although I think you know most of these things about me anyway. :)

    @ Aniket
    Glad you liked those places Aniket. Yeah I love peaceful sorroundings. Great places to rejuvenate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to know some of your favourite things. Hope you make that trip to South India soon. While you are at it, also do the north the west and the east. India, although highly populated, is a very exciting country.Cheers and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jason
    What I love about Ireland is the easygoing way of life. The affectionateness and friendliness of not only people you know but strangers too. The atmosphere in the pubs is great too although I've noticed that's dying out a bit now.
    But all in all I think the quality of life is better in Germany. It has more to offer in the sense of a secure life, a very good health system, great recreation facilities. Munich is the best city in Germany for job opportunities and the least crime.
    What I especially love about Munich is the closeness to the alps and other countries like Austria, Switzerland and Italy.
    But of course, Ireland is where most of my family are, so that'll always be home for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Kavita
    Glad you liked the pic. :)
    Good to see you like British humour too.
    Oh, there are so many places I'd love to visit.

    @ Aparna
    Thanks so much. I already know the north of India, my husband's from Punjab so I've been many times. But I imagine the south to be completely different and would love to tour there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't Ghost the most beautiful, sappy love story? I'm with you (and I have watched it over and over)! By the way, Munich is a beautiful city and Ireland is next on my list of must-goes!

    I'll be doing this in a couple of days. Must think (like you, almost no TV and toooo many books).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Margaret,

    I’m a little late to write my opinion on this post, but it is better late than never.

    I totally agree with what is said in the above comments - your photo is really so cute; you have that evergreen expression of “kindness” even as a baby :)

    I love them too - A Beautiful Mind, fish, fruits, mountain trekking, ocean, secluded lake,.....etc :)

    Hope to meet you when you tour South India. And like our friend Karen, even I too have Ireland on the top of my list of “must visit places” :)

    Cheers,
    Charan.

    ReplyDelete