When darkness evolves
nothing but clouds in sight
at the end of the tunnel
you can't see the light
I'll hold your hand
When tormented pain claws your breath
chokes and strangles your heart
weighing you down in the blackened pit
as clutches of fear writhe you apart
I'll hold your hand
When your body's limp and lifeless
so weak you can't go on
when your eyes become puddles of mud
your ears deaf to the song
I'll hold your hand
When you're abandoned, forlorn and lost
in the dark you cry silent tears
all hope vanished and gone
furtive shadows mirror your fears
I'll hold your hand
I'll always hold your hand........
Very creative writing. It's good to see original material like this.
ReplyDeletelovely poem!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.
ReplyDeleteBMF
@ cartoonmoment
ReplyDeleteWelcome here and thanks so much for your enthusiastic comment.
Do come again. :)
@ CHC
Hi, thank you. Come back for more.
@ BMF
Thank you Brendan.
Waiting for new stuff on your blog! :D
great creativity ,one needs a big heart to write such a deep poem then just skills and i bet you have a very lovely heart
ReplyDeleteThat's so very beautiful, Margaret! Its like my perfect dream... Elysium.
ReplyDeleteVery touching (well has to be with all that hand-holding :D)!
I see this as a consolation and a comfort to one you love. I've been there - doing that and I recognize this all too well. Sad.
ReplyDeleteSo refreshing... emotionally, so strong..
ReplyDeleteMargaret this is sad and touching and feels so much like a song. I would love to hear it set to music. Lovely lovely.
ReplyDeleteLovely dear one...Lovely as your heart goes with your Beloved Mother and Father...I know how much you love them and they love you....God bless you dear one...You show the real meaning of having daughter like angel to your Mother and Father...They are proud of you...dear one..God bless you...Keep writing...TC..Harman
ReplyDeletegood to see you back after 2 weeks... lovely thought... i'll hold your hand. this is what unconditional love and bond of friendship is all about. beautiful thought.
ReplyDelete@ Sudarshan
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for you kind words!
@ Aniket
LOL "Very touching through all that hand-holding". :D :D
@ Karen
Good insight Karen!
@ Onkar
Many thanks.
@ Cat
Oh! I would love to hear it set to music too. Who's gonna compose it for me?? :)
@ Harman
Your comment means a lot to me Hani, thanks for your loving words.
@ Lala
Is it really 2 weeks since I last posted? Hmm, have to get writing!
So glad you like it Lala, thanks!
Gorgeous sentiment. I especially liked the reassurance given between the painful visions.
ReplyDeleteThere is a steadfastness to this verse, like that of a strong loved one there to give support.
ReplyDeleteVery well written in thought and form.
Very pure,very beautiful.....looking forward to read more of you....found you through Sai.
ReplyDelete@ Jason
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad you like it Jason. Yes, I'm giving reasurrance here.
@ K.
Thank you K. I think most of us are always ready to give support to those in need.
@ Kavita
Thank you Kavita for dropping by and taking the time to read my poem. Lovely to have you here. Thanks for your words.
Dear Margaret,
ReplyDeleteThis poem is like - "An aesthetic sculpture which is carved to perfection by an expert of emotions".
The soul to whom you have given this assurance must be really close to your heart and is very lucky to get the support of a kind person like you.
The photo which you paired along with this poem got precisely blended with all those expressions pouring out of every stanza.
The photo creates this impression in the reader’s mind:
Lost in a dense jungle, facing ruthless situation right now, but still there is a ‘ray of hope’ - in finding back the pathway pretty soon as the sun is shining very brightly assuring that it’s not yet the end of the day.
And as the photo prepares the reader bringing him into the right mood, now the lines of the poem takes care of the rest, i.e. taking him for a ride through soul-touching emotions.
The following stanza is outstanding and defines pain in a new dimension:
When tormented pain claws your breath
chokes and strangles your heart
weighing you down in the blackened pit
as clutches of fear writhe you apart
A person, who is going through such a painful phase in his life, definitely needs help from his loved ones like you.
You have given an apt ending by saying that,“I'll always hold your hand…” - so long you hold the hand of whoever that loved one of yours is; only happiness and joy will be the sweet fruits of all your labour.
Overall, I can only say that this is just a remarkable piece of writing from you. Keep carving many more of such marvelous poems in future and I wish you good luck…
Cheers,
Charan.
Dear Charan,
ReplyDeleteYou win first prize for the longest comment on my blog! :D
Thanks so much for your thoughts on this poem. I'm very happy to see you going through it so thoroughly and love the way you defined it so well.
Your thoughts on the photo were my own exact thoughts - That's why I chose that pic. To show that no matter how dark it's might seem there is always a light shining through.
All in all thank you so much... :)
First time on your blog. Loved the simplicity of your poem.
ReplyDeleteHi Aparna, welcome here and thank you for commenting.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you liked the poem. I loved your blog too and will be back to read more.
There is boundless love here, but also something more steadfast and resolute. I love the duality there--infinity compressed into the palm of a hand.
ReplyDeleteThis may be my favorite poem of yours, Margaret. The third stanza, in particular, was heartwrenching.
Just beautiful, to share this kind of love. With us, too.
Thank you so much Sarah.I love your comments. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you enjoyed this poem of mine, it's a pleasure to share with you and all my other blogger friends.