Endless, infinite fields of deep lush green
Sugarcane as far as the eye can see
Palm trees swaying in the gentle breeze
Hung heavy with coconut, ready to seize
Sugarcane as far as the eye can see
Palm trees swaying in the gentle breeze
Hung heavy with coconut, ready to seize
Beaches with sand as white as snow
Inviting to stroll at your heart's delight
Inviting to stroll at your heart's delight
Placid waves lapping feet and ankles
Tickling, beckoning, entrancing whirls
Tickling, beckoning, entrancing whirls
Heat of the sun invading your skin
Warm wind caressing body and soul
Rhythm of waves chanting it's song
Ringing in our ears as we saunter along
Into the sea I'd venture, swimming my strokes
Just a tiny spot in the vast ocean of blue
Lapped up in the waves of nature's hands
Far away from the comfort of salving sands

Under the water I'd hazard, eager to see
Such life, such colour, hidden beneath
Another world, so peaceful, placid and calm
Schools of variegated fish salving like balm
Spectacular birdlife swarming the trees
In every colour imaginable to the eye
Singing out their tunes for all to hear
Melodious, so soothing to the ear
This beautiful island with it's colours so bright
It's people so friendly, big smiles at first sight
So gentle, courteous, kind and polite
Greeting their guests with undefiled delight
Unforgettable memories accompany me back home
Of an island, small in size but huge in hospitality
Where Hindus, Chinese, Creoles, Muslims and Christs
Live side by side in peace, harmony and upmost bliss
I spent a wonderful two weeks in Mauritius and the thing that stands out after my holiday is the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Mauritians.
They're rich at heart and make everyone feel welcome to their island.
It's a beautiful, very green island. Perfect for a relaxing holiday.
These are just a few of the over 500 photos I took there....
(Lovely memories for years to come....)
ah! it must have been real fun... we all get so busy with our life and work that we forget what it feels like to relax and enjoy... the vacation must have done you lots of good... i would like to see more pics of the beautiful place... do let me know if you upload them some place.
ReplyDeletei wish i can go on a vacation too... :)
Hi Lala
ReplyDeleteIt was lots of fun and very relaxing. Contact me at my email address if you'd like to see more pics.
Well, I hope you get a vacation soon :)
Looks like you people had a great time in the tourist's paradise - "Mauritius".
ReplyDeleteSuch vacations will uplift the soul and enhance it with peace and tranquility.
The photos and description speak a lot about your tour.
Specially, photos of lush green fields, alluring sunrise/sunset and underwater life are simply outstanding.
Your pictures are so rich and brilliant. Your poem is perfect with them! Glad to see you had such a great time. It really looks wonderful. You are lucky - I've been cold here in the north the last 2 weeks! :(
ReplyDeleteLovely poem- its beauty enhanced by accompanying pictures.
ReplyDelete@ Charan
ReplyDeleteYou got it right dear Charan, vacations like this really do uplift the soul. That's what we all need now & again.
Glad you liked the photos & description. Yes, the lush green fields really stand out in my mind, that's what I see when I close my eyes and think of this place.
***********************************
@ K.
Thanks so much for your lovely comment.
I know how you feel there in the cold. I've come back to it...
From 33°C in Mauritius to -3°C here (a drop of 30°). Have to get used to it again. But it's nice to see the snow again too.
@ Onkar
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. It's my pleasure to share my experiences with you all.
Mauritius looks like heaven. That underwater photo you took came out so clear. I want to go to:)
ReplyDeleteu know wut, u cud become a good Public Relations Officer :P that was one amazing way to describe Mauritius :)
ReplyDelete@ Every Photo...
ReplyDeleteThank you. Yes, it was like spending 2 weeks in heaven..A dream.
@ Sawan
Hey, you're flattering me now..Me, a public relations officer :D
Glad you enjoyed the description.
Nice pics. Mauritius is a Birds Of Heaven.You can see Casela Bird Park, In park there are 140 birds species and over 25,000 birds.Mauritius is a best place for holiday especially for bird lovers. September to November is a best time. Experience Fishing Lake in Casela Bird Park.Restaurant facility are also are available.Attractions are Port Louis, Caudan Waterfront, Grand Bay, Pamplemousses garden, Ile Aux Cerfs.
ReplyDeletethese are really good poems and its true so its cool.let some more pic of sea k bye
ReplyDeleteThank you Vanessa - happy you enjoyed the pics. :)
ReplyDeleteNice photos! I love Mauritius and I love your poem..
ReplyDeleteintercontinental hotel in mauritius
wow this is great..Mauritius is really full of fun..
ReplyDeleteOh, Margaret, your pictures & poems on Mauritius are so lucid & vibrant ....They have touched my heart. Like you too I love to take photos and write poems. I understand that travel is your passion.Have you visited Calcutta? If not, please visit ,stay a few days with us....my all best wishes to u & your family. Regards.
ReplyDelete