
Early morning, awakened by the birds
Their chirping and chatter, never ending
Singing in my ears, their sweet sound
Pulling me from my slumber, new day ascending
The warm morning radiating its glow
First sun rays through the window to greet me
Sending God's love to start off my day
Telling me to open my eyes, God's wonder to see
And so up I get, my heart bursting to go
To walk in nature's surroundings, this moment to seize
Cherry tree heavy with blossoms as pink as can be
Its branches swaying gently in the early morning breeze
Rows of daffodils, yellow heads bobbing in the wind
Colour so striking, butter melting in the sun
Attracting the bees, full of humming and buzzing
Flying in and out, their busy work never done
O'er a field of daisies, thousands to the count
Not there yesterday, shot up overnight
Warmth of the sun having brought them to light
Filling the field. What a tremendous sight!
Children playing, their laughter filling the air
Happy to be outdoors, winter's over at last
Running back and forth, their energy never-ending
Such a happy sight, reminds of days long past
Spring, a time for new life, new awakening
Ducklings tottering after their mother
Brave, little creatures, venturing into the lake
Learning to swim, without a bother
In all God's nature, new life's being born
Tiny animals seeing the light of day
Never cease to marvel at this sight
This natural wonder, be astound we may
Open your heart to all this beauty
Surrounding us this season
Appraise it, for what it's worth
God created our world for a reason
Hello Margaret
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice lines on Mother Nature..Yes God has created everything for reason..Last line is the summary of all the lines...God created this Nature to enjoy and to live every moment of life....God bless you...Beautiful lines...Keep it up...
TC..
Harman :)
"Open your heart to all this beauty
ReplyDeleteSurrounding us this season"...
We all need to learn from that. I am planning to just drive away for a couple of days to enjoy the little perks of nature. Away from the busy city life.. away from all the responsibilities.
Wonderful poem yet again Margaret.
@ Harman
ReplyDeleteYes, every tiny item of nature has its functions. We just have to open our eyes and take it all in. I don't need to tell you this, I know how much you appreciate Mother Nature....
Thanks for your lovely comment :)
*************
@ Aniket
Ohh! I hope my poem had something to do with provoking you to plan a few days away from the city :))
Do it!!! Get away and recharge your batteries. You'll come back feeling so revitalized - and ready to face responsibilities again.
...and thanks for liking my poem :)
i guess spring has finally reached there... enjoy.
ReplyDeleteMargaret - Isn't this lovely? Your words are like good medicine after a long cold winter. With your permission, may I read this to my school students? I will credit you, of course. :)
ReplyDelete@ Lala
ReplyDeleteNah, I'm afraid spring still hasn't reached here, it's snowing again today! I wrote this poem last spring when we really did have a lasting spring. I thought I'd post it here now, as last friday was, (according to the calender) the start of spring.
===========
@ Nishant
Thanks a ton. Yes, you're right, I did wake up one morning and started writing this, last year spring. I get most of my ideas for my poems early in the morning.
Oops, my mistake about the autor of the poem on ur blog. But at least you got a laugh out of it :D
===========
@ K.
Thank you so much. Yes, of course you can read it to your students - I'd be honoured! :) Let me know what they think. :))
Beautiful poem & beautiful picture!
ReplyDeleteI so enjoyed this post, Margaret!
Thank you!
Margie:)
wow.. so beautiful and refreshing.. we so need to open ourselves to the nature because it can give so much energy and happiness :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful lines, Margaret! :)
@ Margie
ReplyDeleteGood to see you here again, so glad you enjoyed the poem.
==============
@ Lena
Thanks a million. Yes, we really can thrive through nature.
Especially after a long winter. It's just like peeling off old skin and feeling the warm breeze go through every pore.
Lovely words to celebrate the gifts of nature. Your poem ends on a very striking note.Yes, everything has a purpose.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you can appreciate nature as much as me Onkar, thanks for commenting.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Are you also the photographer? Blogger was being weird yesterday when I tried to leave a comment. But here I am on THIS blog which I didn't get to yesterday, so I'm glad to see this one with your lovely poetry!
ReplyDeleteHi Cat and a warm welcome to my blog. Thanks for your lovely comment. No, this isn't one of my pics (wish I could say it was :P)
ReplyDeleteHope to see you back here again :)
This is magic!! Margaret, i felt as if i am walking through your garden!! your words gave life to the feel. m glad i read this. but i am so jealous now :( i am so jealous about the climate there.. its summer here :( 42 degree C. i cant even think of going out :( i want to be there :(
ReplyDeletei luvd the poem Margaret. its beautiful! u take care and smile :)
Thanks a million Anil, so glad you liked it. I've been dying for it to get warmer here, today's the warmest so far (15°). As much as I love the sun, I don't think I'd like to swop my 15° for your 42°.
ReplyDeleteAnyhow..keep cool...and you take care too. ;)
:D Thanks...you too TC xx
ReplyDeleteThis is very good...it conjures up a complete image of the early morning...it has been many days that i have seen the early morning sun....but ur post took me back to those days of childhood when i used to go for a morning walk with my father....anyways keep walking!!!
ReplyDelete@ Anorak
ReplyDeleteWelcome to my blog and thank you for your wonderful comment.
You're really missing something, if you haven't seen the early morning sun for a long time. It boosts you with its beauty! Gives you a great start to the day.