Hi Nishant Glad you like the pic, the tree stands right outside my kitchen window. The other day while I was making chapatis, I glanced out the window and the words to my first haiku were born :)
I don't know much about haiku either, only that it's of Japanese orgin, can be translated to 'short verse'. It consists of 3 lines which together contain a max of 17 syllables - approx the dimension of a breath! The syllable distribution is 7-5-7. As far as I know (but not sure) it should have something to do with nature too.
I hope to be posting more spring pics soon (on my "come along" blog). Planning on going for long walks this Easter w/end with my camera. :))
Nishant Yeah, I'm lucky to have that tree right outside my window, it gets more beautiful as the weeks pass. Makes cooking a pleasant chore. :)
Chapatis arn't cooked in the usual German household. We're a half Indian family so we love indian food & I cook it a lot. When our German friends come for dinner, it's the only food they want!
Good to see I got you curious to know more about haiku poems. I got to know about them through other bloggers too. Great education this blogging :DD TC..
Nice to see these different lines..from you..I didn't understand about Haiku..What this Haiku is...Good and refreshing 4 lines about Mother Nature...Cool..Keep it up...TC..Harman..God bless you...
Thanks a lot Hani, glad I was able to indroduce you to haiku poems, not many people seem to know anything about them (me included, up till recently). Main thing is, they pass on a message in just a few words. Keep visiting - might see a limerick here next :)
Dear margaret, i've seen you often on aniket's blog... today i visited and i was spell-bound by your poetry. congratulations on your first haiku. haiku are my favourite form of poetry. so few word, and yet so many images... your haiku was very beautiful. i hope to keep visiting you for more and more of lovely poems... take care, do visit, and tell me what you think of MY poem :)
Dear LGL Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I'm happy to know you can find something in my poetry. I've seen you around too on other blogs. Do keep visiting, I'll certainly be over to yours, looking forward to reading your poems. You too take care...
Margaret, Thank you for LIKING my blog and promising to come back to read more. if you LIKED it enough please do become a follower so that you can read when i write next and give me feedback. its nice to have readers like you who are themselves such accomplished writers :) the moon is such a soothing presence, but when you are trying to forget everything and just go to sleep and it just glares at you relentlessly, you might get a sense of anger. i did :) waiting for your nest post .
Great one! I find haiku nearly impossible for me to write. I don't know why exactly, but I think it has to do with boiling things down to their essence alone. I'm too long winded for that! :-)
Hi Nishant
ReplyDeleteGlad you like the pic, the tree stands right outside my kitchen window. The other day while I was making chapatis, I glanced out the window and the words to my first haiku were born :)
I don't know much about haiku either, only that it's of Japanese orgin, can be translated to 'short verse'. It consists of 3 lines which together contain a max of 17 syllables - approx the dimension of a breath! The syllable distribution is 7-5-7.
As far as I know (but not sure) it should have something to do with nature too.
I hope to be posting more spring pics soon (on my "come along" blog). Planning on going for long walks this Easter w/end with my camera. :))
Margaret,
ReplyDelete"What Aniket can do, I can do to" han?? lolzz
Its about time I did something outrageous it seems. And I'll take you up on that then. haha!
But I loved it thoroughly. (Am breathing happy and joy :D)
And yes, you got the rules right... there has to be a nature element (a rule I tend to ignore more often than usual :()
You can check on Wikipedia if you want it to be "perfect" from technical point of view. There is a rule about a word standing own in itself, etc too.
But since I love to break rules myself, what do I care. :-)
So welcome aboard... You loved it too didn't ya? What's coming next a Limerick?
Oh and forgot to mention, loved the pic too! :)
ReplyDelete"Haiku at the time of Chapatis" now THAT's "food for thought" lolzz
Aniket
ReplyDeleteOhh, I think I'm passed the age of 'outrageous things' - although, you never know ;))
Thanks for loving it. Loved your "food for thought" comment too.
Who knows - a limerick could well be on the way (what Aniket can do, I can do too) haha :D
Nishant
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'm lucky to have that tree right outside my window, it gets more beautiful as the weeks pass. Makes cooking a pleasant chore. :)
Chapatis arn't cooked in the usual German household. We're a half Indian family so we love indian food & I cook it a lot. When our German friends come for dinner, it's the only food they want!
Good to see I got you curious to know more about haiku poems. I got to know about them through other bloggers too. Great education this blogging :DD TC..
Hello Margaret
ReplyDeleteNice to see these different lines..from you..I didn't understand about Haiku..What this Haiku is...Good and refreshing 4 lines about Mother Nature...Cool..Keep it up...TC..Harman..God bless you...
@ Harman
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Hani, glad I was able to indroduce you to haiku poems, not many people seem to know anything about them (me included, up till recently). Main thing is, they pass on a message in just a few words. Keep visiting - might see a limerick here next :)
Hi, You have an award waiting for you HERE
ReplyDeleteDear margaret, i've seen you often on aniket's blog... today i visited and i was spell-bound by your poetry.
ReplyDeletecongratulations on your first haiku. haiku are my favourite form of poetry. so few word, and yet so many images... your haiku was very beautiful.
i hope to keep visiting you for more and more of lovely poems... take care, do visit, and tell me what you think of MY poem :)
Thanks a million Aniket for giving me my first award. (I'll treasure it).
ReplyDeleteI'll be over soon to collect it.
Take care :)
Dear LGL
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your lovely comment. I'm happy to know you can find something in my poetry. I've seen you around too on other blogs. Do keep visiting, I'll certainly be over to yours, looking forward to reading your poems. You too take care...
Margaret,
ReplyDeleteThank you for LIKING my blog and promising to come back to read more. if you LIKED it enough please do become a follower so that you can read when i write next and give me feedback. its nice to have readers like you who are themselves such accomplished writers :)
the moon is such a soothing presence, but when you are trying to forget everything and just go to sleep and it just glares at you relentlessly, you might get a sense of anger. i did :)
waiting for your nest post .
Happy Easter Margaret... And yes, enjoy. The spring is finally here... Have a nice weekend with your family.
ReplyDeleteGreat one! I find haiku nearly impossible for me to write. I don't know why exactly, but I think it has to do with boiling things down to their essence alone. I'm too long winded for that! :-)
ReplyDeleteGood job.
Thanks a million Karen, great to get your opinion on my first haiku. I enjoyed thinking it up and hope to do lots more.
ReplyDelete@ Lala
ReplyDeleteThanks for the good wishes Lala. We did have a great Easter, the weather was just perfect for the celebrations and relaxing in the garden. TC
beautiful! I love haikus.. they are always so tender and have a beauty and calmness.. exactly like yours does :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so fond of haikus now. The ability to write a potent description or feeling in so few words really is an art form.
ReplyDeleteA powerful expression of delicacy. That's what I'm feeling here. It makes me want to breathe in, and blossom, too. Lovely, Margaret!
@ Lena
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Lena, I'm so glad you got something out of my first haiku.
================
@ Sarah
I'm delighted to see you here Sarah!
Loved your description of my haiku, thank you sooooo much :)