Sunday, 19 April 2009

Draped in Pink



My 2nd attempt at haiku poetry......







Awesome dress you wear
vast beauty, my eyes do feast
mesmerized! I melt

18 comments:

  1. beautiful... loved it! :)

    its lovely how 3 lines can make the beauty of spring...

    if i may, i would like to point out that a haiku has a seasonal word called kigo in it, which is missing in yours!

    otherwise the post is a haiku! :)
    but sometimes, when the words come from heart, rules needn't be mentioned at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Haik thing has become a phenomenon now.. and everytime i see a new one.. i am envious.. for i cant write one one!

    boohoo!!


    erm, never mind.
    loved yours though.
    How charmingly sublime! :-)

    And the picture goes with it perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! :-) Happy happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O' Margaret..

    Awesome words you speak
    vast beauty, warms my heart
    mesmerized! It melts...

    Loved it... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Leo

    Thanks Vinay for pointing that out (I didn't know, still learning!)

    Next one will have a kigo in it!

    But very happy you liked it otherwise :)

    ============

    @ Creation

    Yeah, it is a phenomenon - I love it! Hope to write lots more of them. Thanks a lot....

    =============

    @ Cat

    Thanks Cat. Happy Spring to you too, at last!! :))

    ==================

    @ Aniket

    Aahhh!! Loved your rebound haiku!!

    Beautifully put....warms my heart too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nishant

    Thankzzzz, really glad you liked it.

    Actually this pic isn't the tree outside my kitchen window. That one hasn't bloomed completely yet.
    I took this pic in a park nearby.

    And yeah, everyone seems to be into haikus nowadays :) It's a lovely way to express a lot in a few words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melt indeed!

    Looks like a glorious day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect title. This is as lovley and delicate as the blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Err... At Jason's blog did you write that to toy around?

    Coz i don't picture you to watch or read murder mysteries... so may be you don't know about John Doe/Jane Doe. In case you don't... You must read about on Wikipedia. Nice Trivia. :-D

    Sorry couldn't resist the temptation to give away a chance to share some garbage knowledge. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice one..
    really liked it..
    you should write more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. margaret- i melt too :)
    you are getting to be quite a hand at poetry.
    come read my poem ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Jason

    Oh, it was a glorious day Jason, I don't know how many pics I took on that day!

    **************

    @ K.

    So glad you like it K. Love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Aniket

    Nah, I wasn't toying around. I was just showing how much I DON'T know about murder mysteries. :-D

    Why didn't I ask you first???

    Thanks for putting me in the picture. At least I know now. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Anal

    Hi, nice to see you here. Glad you liked it. Ohh, I'll definitely be writing more...stick around and read it. :)

    ***********

    @ LGL

    Good to see my haiku made you melt :-D

    I'll be right over.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. aha!! some one is taking flavors of varities :P quite good i shud say :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Sawan

    Yeah, it's fun to put your hand to something new. :-)

    Always good to see you here, take care. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, I love seeing her as a lady wearing the most beautiful of spring gowns! Your rosey vision is as ebullient and romantic as the season itself, Margaret. :)

    I'm so loving these experiments with haiku. And the photo is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Sarah

    I'm so glad you found my haiku ebullient and romantic.

    Me too, enjoying these experiements and enjoying SPRING :)

    ReplyDelete