Tuesday, 5 May 2009

Taking a short break....










Ireland! To you, I return


For your land, I often yearn


To your lush fields of green


As fresh as ever I've seen


With your tales, fairies and reels


Your music dancing in my ears


Welcome me with open arms


Soft drizzle and all your charms


Ten days, I'll spend with you


Before bidding "farewell" anew






Dear friends,

Tomorrow I leave for a 10 day trip to Ireland. I won't be blogging during this time and hope to catch up on all your posts when I get back. Until then, take care....


Margaret

14 comments:

  1. hope your vacation is as lovely as this poem... how i envy you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time Margaret! Lovely lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet sweet poem Margaret!

    Have a great time in the land of the evil genius Artemis! :D

    Will miss you a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret,

    A fitting poem for the occasion with a mesmerizing photograph. You have weaved the poem to perfection with all the Irish flavours added to it.

    Yes, Ireland is waiting for you with open hands and is ready to hug you tomorrow.

    Have a “Fantastic Vacation”; enjoying the picturesque view of infinitely spread fields, spell bounding flora and fauna and meet the fairies on long golden evenings.

    Use the Gaeilge language but avoid the malevolent fairies and spend your time only with the friendly fairies, always feasting and making music.

    Convey the warmest regards of all your readers to the Irish people and in return what are you going to bring us readers from Ireland?

    Well buddy, bring us the popular traditional Irish stew, the famous Irish Breakfast tea, the soft Irish bread and the tasty Irish honey.

    Margaret, the spirit of Ireland, your homeland, is in your blood and it will always call you home now and again…

    Cheers,
    Charan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LGL, Cat, Aniket, Nishant & Charan!

    Thank you all so much for the good wishes and sweet words on my poem!

    Going to miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baayeeeeee!!!

    Have a safe flight and a very Happy trip! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Irish Welcome

    Welcome home, to the green fields of Erin
    Welcome home, on the wings of a Dove
    Welcome home, to the land where your heart lies
    Welcome home, to the country you love.

    Welcome home, to the bosom of your family
    Welcome, to the home of your friends
    Welcome home, to the soil that gave birth to you
    Ireland, the welcome that never ends.
    Enjoy your break, Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I wish I could see it too! Have a wonderful time, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey thats a nice poem did u write it urself by the way all the best for your trip

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing lines, i so envy you.. ireland must be a beautiful country to visit for sure :)

    I hope you are having a nice vacation :)

    can you imagine how many people make it their job to create such silly jokes :D

    you seem to be off blogger's scent nowadays.


    The Colors Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  11. heylo Margaret... I hope you had a nice trip...

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was great to read this and other poems on your blogs. Somehow, I was not able to access your blog for the past one month and was missing your excellent poems.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Aniket
    Thanks a ton for your good wishes.

    @ Brendan
    Beautiful poem, thanks so much!

    @ Jason
    I DID have a wonderful time Jason, thanks!

    @ Sudarshan
    WELCOME HERE. Thanks! Yes, all the poems on my blog are my own. And the trip was good, thanks. Hope to see you here again.

    @ Lena
    Thanks Lena, yes, had a wonderful vacation. Always nice to go back home!

    @ Lala
    Was more than nice Lala, was wonderful, thanks. :)

    @ Onkar
    Good to see you back Onkar, hope that doesn't happen again. Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete