Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Seclusion







The fatigued sun lays its head
down for the night
whilst the bright moon awakens
rising to its full height

As the curtains gentle close
as peace slowly begins to sweep
when breath slows down
allowing earth's pulse to sleep

Crawl deep inside yourself
be a mouse preparing to bore
searching, probing, exploring
until you reach your inner core

Stillness, calm, silence. Listen!
to the quiet voice of seclusion
reach the sanctuary of your soul
glide along those paths of reclusion

For it's here you'll feel
like a baby in a mother's womb
warm, safe, protected
where shadows may never loom

Thoughts lapsed, extinct
words spoken throughout the day
forgotten, buried into oblivion
passed actions, faded away

Recline in this haven of dormancy
let burdens cease to be
shelter in your inner peace
and feel yourself set free







11 comments:

  1. Lovely poem. We need to break away from the outside world and turn inwards if we want real peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your poem reminds me of the Lennon song 'Give peace a chance'

    and I love that song. great message here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Friend,

    All the stanzas in this poem are extraordinary and these lines are outstanding:

    “When breath slows down
    allowing Earth's pulse to sleep”

    Well buddy, to write a poem of this standard, I believe that one should spend many hours sitting in a silent room and seriously ponder on the philosophy of life.

    Really, it’s difficult to grasp the philosophical content of this poem in a single read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When deep inside, you touch your soul
    Alone, your thoughts, nowhere to hide
    Do you search out, your truth
    And by that truth your life abide
    For we hold what’s in our hearts
    Our truth, our life should always be
    But in the real world we hide our thoughts
    For our hearts, our souls, are never free

    Beautiful Poem Margaret, if only life were the same
    Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret, what a beautiful poem entranced with peaceful words and quiet images...just lovely. It is like a prayer...or a mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Onkar
    Thanks, yeah, we really need to do that now & again.

    @ Lala
    Lennon knew exactly what he was singing about. He was able to send the message out to the whole world.

    @ Sai Charan
    Thank you, dear friend, for always writing such an elaborate comment. It's strange, you always pick out the lines that are my favourite in my poems :)

    @ Brendan
    I like the way you commented with a poem of your own. It's beautiful but sad.

    @ K.
    Your comment touched me..thank you so much, I think it's lovely that you saw my poem like a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, this was so beautiful. I get this dream of being weightless falling down, free of any burdens of life. Being totally free for once... gliding in the clear blue sky.

    I so want to "glide those paths of reclusion" now! Thank you so much for this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Margaret
    I so enjoyed this poem...it is just lovely!

    Thanks for your visit, kind words and encouragement...and, I'm jealous of your going skiing!
    Next year...for sure, I'll be back on the slopes.
    Skiing must be awesome there!

    Take care.

    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Aniket

    I'm so pleased you enjoyed this and I wish for you that you "glide those paths of relusion"

    You gave a lovely discription of what you felt after reading my poem. I'm glad you were able to get something out of it.

    **************

    @ Margie

    Good to see you back, how was the trip? I'm sure you'll be right as rain and back on the slopes by next winter.
    Thank you for the kind words about my poem, glad you enjoyed it.
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello My dear friend..very nicely written poem..very briefly gone through and deep written lines...can imagine..how you would have imagined all these memories in your mind..truly good one...keep it up...tc Harman...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Hani

    Thanks for reading and commenting and for your genuine words. I'm happy you liked it.

    Good to see you here, tc....

    ReplyDelete