Friday, 20 March 2009

Happy Birthday Mom









Today we celebrate your birthday Mom
I send you love, warmth and my song

A birthday card, I can't send this year
Hear my words whispered in your ear

Look Mom, a cake I baked especially for you
A small gift, from my heart, I have for you too

Do you see it from your sweet haven above?
Shall I send it to you on the wings of a dove?

My song, I'll sing for you, from the bottom of my heart
You'll hear it through the wind, right from the start

Soft winds, they'll carry the melody of happy times
Of laughter and joy, shared moments of all kinds

Today, on your birthday, I want to feel near
May the clouds carry my words for you to hear

A peaceful birthday, I know it will be
But celebrate we will, for all to see



8 comments:

  1. Your words to us are heaven sent
    Etched, in each siblings heart
    The loss we feel so shattering now
    Tears our souls apart
    But fond memories held of childhood days
    Help to ease the pain
    And time will heal, the family’s loss we feel
    Till in heaven we’re one again.

    Margaret, Mary surely hears you
    and is justly proud. That was beautifull,

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy birthday to your mom, Margaret.

    And you better be happy today, coz that would be her wishes for you. You owe this much to her, okay?

    So cheer up... cheer up... let that smile grow... don't try to stop it now... there you go... let it bloom! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anonymous (Brendan?)

    Thank you for this beautiful poem.

    *************

    @ Aniket

    Many thanks Aniket, I am happy for her. And look at my smile :D It's huge :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Nishant for your sweet words. Yes, I know my Mom is happy where she is. She's in good hands. Take care...love, hugs and blessings to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. belated birthday wishes to your mum. and i hope you were happy yesterday... for her sake. she doesn't want you to be sad. remember?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lala, no I wasn't sad. I was fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely poem- straight from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot Onkar, really appreciated...

    ReplyDelete