Thursday, 12 March 2009

I've been tagged !!!


I've been tagged by Anil Sawan and that means I have to write 25 random things about myself. I'm not sure if anyone's interested in reading all this, but anyhow, here goes.......

1. Although I've lived most of my adult life in Germany, I know I'll never feel german.

2. I grew up in England but I'm Irish (Irish parents)

3. I come from a large family, have 4 brothers & 2 sisters. Unfortunately none of them live in Germany. They live in Ireland/England/Spain. It's great when we all get together for a family gathering.

4. I'm married to a wonderful Indian guy. It's impossible to argue with him. (Not that I want to!)

5. I'm blessed with 3 fabulous daughters.

6. My only son died when he was 6 days old. He was a twin to my middle daughter, they were born 10 weeks premature.

7. I like being alone

8. I'm a morning person. That means I like to wake early, love to see the sunrise. (As I'm doing in my profile pic which was taken recently in Mauritius.)

9. I don't talk much but I like chatting online and blogging.

10. I love reading and couldn't live without books. I could spend hours browsing through book shops.

11. I absolutely love trekking in the mountains. I could walk for hours & hours without tiring when I'm in the middle of nature.

12. I hate shopping and only go when I really need something.

13. I love to keep fit. I spend about 5-6 hours a week exercising, jogging, aerobic, gym etc....

14. I want to run a full marathon one day. I'm taking part in the Munich half marathon this year (21 km).

15. I can't live without music, my mp3 is my constant companion. I listen mostly to love songs and anything that hits a cord in my heart.

16. I love taking nature photos and always have my digital camera with me when I'm out walking/trekking.

17. I eat an apple a day. And guess what? It does keep the doctor away!

18.If I had one wish, it would be that everybody in the world had enough to eat.

19. I'm sentimental and cry easily when something upsets me.

20. I can express myself better in my poems than in conversation.

21. I like getting things done, rarely put unpleasant things off until tomorrow.

22. I prefer simplicity over extravagance. Casual clothes, simple jewellery, very little make-up.

23. I work at the post office and enjoy going to work. We have a great team of different nationalities.

24. The saddest day of my life was the day my Mom died last year after undergoing heart surgery.

25. If I was an animal, I'd like to be a small bird.




There you go.....that was me........... :)









14 comments:

  1. Unbelievably, your 8 thorugh 18 is quite similar 2 me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. u r married to a wonderful indian guy, u shudn like to be alone :P

    i love to see the sunrise too, but i wud prefer to sleep after seeing it :P

    u hate shoping?? u are the first woman i know to say that :)

    small bird!!

    woa, i know 25 things about u :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Margaret

    Nice to see summarizing your life in 25 points. All of them are equal to one...Genuine person that is you..although you have written it..but all these come from one point..that is you...these are just part of you...but you are not part of it..these are just symbolic things that you go through in life...which we have to live....God bless you...TC...Harman...Good keep it up dear one.... God bless you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4: Oh but you should. Though only to lose in the end. But am sure he'll love it. :)

    5: I knew that one. :)

    8: We could'nt be more opposite on this one. :) Though I loved the profile pic. :P

    10: Me too! When am with friends, they just don't allow me to enter one, fearing I'll not come out. lolz

    11. Have you seen the movie "Into the Wild". you must, as you love nature.

    18. Amen to that!

    22. I hate make up... on anyone, except for THE JOKER. :P

    For 6 & 24 :
    I know that I Can't possibly say anything to you that'll comfort you anyhow.
    All i can manage is that it was very brave of you to share this with us.

    I feel much closer to you as a friend now, after this post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i guess i'm quite different from you when i read these things about you... but ya... a few similarities are there... i love books, love being alone, et all. and about 17, the only thing i have to say is 'an apple a day may keep the doctor away... but a garlic a day keeps everyone away.' ;)

    have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It made me sad to read -
    that you don't live near your brothers and sisters, that your infant son didn't survive, and about your mom. Life is always laced with grief. It is so hard sometimes. :(

    It made me happy to read that you have a wonderful husband, and three daughters.

    I am envious that you exercise so much! I really need to exercise more!

    I wish I didn't put things off that I don't want to do.

    I enjoyed learning some things about you, Margaret! Thank you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ TfL
    Thanks for reading, good to see we have a lot in common.

    *********

    @ Sawan
    Hi. Well being married doesen't mean u have to spend every minute together. We do lots of things together but I still like time alone :)
    Once I'm awake, I can't sleep again! Until night comes round :P
    Yeah, I detest shopping, can't understand what women see in it.
    Ya, to be a small bird wud be nice, I'd sing, fly thru the cloulds and eat worms :P

    *******

    @ Harman
    Sounds like Osho talking here.
    God bless you too, tc... :)

    *******

    @ Aniket
    8. Yeah, I know u like to sleep till midday :))
    10. We'll have to browse thru a bookshop together 'n stay there all day :) Wud be gr8
    11. Nah, I haven't seen "Into the Wild", but will do one day. Seen lots of other similar films though.
    22. :D
    6 & 24. Thank you..

    Good to have u as a close frnd Anitket, thanks for ur long comment.

    *******

    @ Lala

    Hi Lala, well it's a good job we're not all the same, imagine how boring the world wud be if everyone had the same interests. There wud be nothing to learn from each other.
    So if we want to be alone all we have to do is eat garlic :D

    *******

    @ Kaye
    Thanks for your compassion. Yes, life can be mean sometimes but we all have to go thru it.
    Therefore we have the wonderful things in our lives to treasure.
    Glad u enjoyed learning about me.
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello margaret..thanks for the nice comment..these are my personal comments..i have give these comments from my heart..not cut copy paste from Osho's thoughts...TC..God bless you...harman

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Harman

    Dear Hani, I know your comments come from your heart. What I meant was Osho would have said something similar. But I know whatever you say is sincerely sent. I never doubted that for 1 second. TC...

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey margaret, nice knowin more abt u! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Leo

    Thanks for taking time to read Vinay :)

    @ Nishant

    You're right 25 isn't really enough to summarise a lifetime.

    Thank you very much for the links, I'll definitely visit them.

    ReplyDelete