
Oh, what a beautiful winter morn'
The frozen lake, glittering in the winter sun
Powdered white grass, sparkling so bright
The clear azure sky, a wondrous sight
Here I am again, as on many a morn'
Jogging round the lake, one step at a time
Lost in a world of my own, my thoughts only for me
Taking in every creature, all God's wonders, I see
On and on I jog, breathing in the clear fresh air
My body no longer cold, but warm through and through
Legs becoming tired, but not ready to cease
Keeping the rhythm, flowing along at ease
Sweet birds chirping in the trees above
Their music filling my heart with love
Telling me winter's not here for long
Springs coming, I hear it in their song
Finally, my run, to an end it comes
Content as can be, back home I head
But not before, a final glance I take
At the beauty of winter's frozen lake
i message i take from your poem is that its winter, which signifies gloom, but still the sun is shining and people are smiling and moving ahead with their lives... and then there is the spring which is coming. i love it. beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAnimesh
(thats my name. lala is a pseudonym, a pet name i was given in college.)
Hi Lala (Animesh)
ReplyDeletethanks for ur comment. Yes, u got the message, thats exactly what I tried to convey. Winter can be beautiful but I just love spring & can't wait for it to come. Our winters are pretty long here in Germany. Roll on spring.....
A beautiful poem with mixed feelings pouring out of every stanza.
ReplyDeleteTruly remarkable lines:
Powdered white grass, sparkling so bright
The clear azure sky, a wondrous sight
Thanks so much. Glad you liked the poem.
ReplyDeleteVery good use of words for conveying profound thoughts. Beautiful.
ReplyDelete@ Onkar
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment and for visiting. Glad you enjoyed it.