Monday, 5 January 2009

silent tears

so many hours yet so little time
endless waiting for nothing to come
shattered dreams, where did they start
who has the right to darken their heart

pain and sorrow, they run together
one can't exist without the other
a part of life, come on, accept
who's gonna care when tears you've wept

try to smile, make someones day
dreams, they're taken, snatched away
grab what's remaining, not over yet
pick up the pieces, throw out the net

laughter and tears, they're all one
feelings run deep, an emotional song
when all seems lost, it'll be alright
of hope and promise, never lose sight

6 comments:

  1. somehow i can completely feel one with what you've written. i have no other words to say except for the fact that i think you took the words out of my mouth. really. and yes. we should't lose sight of what is with us... and hope things get better. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Margaret,

    “silent tears” is a collection of melted thoughts from a grief-stricken heart.

    The poem explains that even silence has a sound which someone can hear and feel the pain.

    In this World of delusions, we are but mere spectators, whatever we do, wherever we go, still at the end of the day, what has to happen will happen. It is ultimately, the destiny which rules the roost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret, I too feel the pain
    Deep emotions, on life a strain
    The heart so fragile, the soul so pure
    Life’s emotion changes, hour to hour
    But friends and family, ties are strong
    True friends always there, to help you along
    When life’s hard, you’ve nothing to fear
    I for one am always there
    BMF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote "silent tears" after watching a report on tv. It was about poverty stricken Africa. The pictures of the starving human beings got to my soul, causing me to pour out my grief in this poem.

    "so many hours, yet so little time"

    How long must a day seem to a staving person? But how much time is left to them?

    "endless waiting for nothing to come"

    What perspectives do they have?

    By the time I'd finished the poem, I wasn't sure if I was writing about the grief of the starving or my own grief. It just seemed to mingle together..

    @ Lala

    If you say I took the words out of your mouth, it means you're grieving too. I can only wish for you that its over soon.

    @ Charan

    Yes, silence has a sound but only to ears that are alert.
    I love the way you explained about our world of delusions, you're right, "what has to happen will happen". Thank you, dear Charan, it comforted me reading your comment.

    @ BMF

    Thank you, yes, I know I'm lucky enough to have true friends & family, people who care. But I know, you as a poet, understands that sometimes it's easier to write it down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem dear one..really touched my heart...God bless you..keep writing...Tc..harman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Hani

    You know me, I'll keep writing....Whatevers on my mind...

    ReplyDelete