Sunday, 14 September 2008

My Angel

I wrote the following poem for my dear son
who was only 6 days old when God called
him to Heaven. He would have been 25 this
year.











My Angel, Mark Anthony








Do you hear me when I talk to you?
My Angel, do you answer me too?
Think of you I do, every day of the year
Such little chance you had on earth, my dear




How will I ever forget, those six days
The way you struggled in so many ways
I prayed with all my heart that you would live
To have spared you, my life I would have give




So very tiny you were, not more than a handful
To see you so helpless, oh, my heart it did pull
All those tubes attached to your body, so small
Did you hear my voice, when your name I did call?




But, my darling son, it wasn’t meant to be
The seventh day, you didn’t live to see
In my arms you lay as your last breath was taken
From that moment on, never again did you waken




My Treasure, I’ll love you until the day I die
There always will be that question, why?
But God’s Will, it was, yes that, I have to accept
No matter how many tears, for you, I have wept




An Angel in Heaven, that’s what you are now
In God’s hands you rest, I know that somehow
A watchful eye on us, I’m sure you do bare
Dear Mark, I know, you will always, take care








Margaret
10th Nov. `07

2 comments:

  1. It was quite emotional. The little angel boy, resting in the heavens above, must have surely heard your prayers for his well-being and felt happy that people of this material world always love him and pray for his happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I know in my heart that he does hear me....

    ReplyDelete