Tuesday, 9 September 2008

I Miss You Mom



I Miss You Mom


Oh, how I miss you Mom
I miss you so very much
Although I feel your presence
When, your possessions, I touch

They say, time heals the pain
The pain, I feel in my heart
Life must go on, yes I know
Though we've been pulled apart

Dear Mom, I still can't believe
That you are no longer here
Just want to pick up the phone
Listen to your voice in my ear

So many things, I want to share with you
What's going on in my life every day
You were always interested to know
All the little things I had to say

Sweet memories of you, so vivid
So very clear before my eyes
Your face, your smile, I visualize
When looking in clear blue skies

A butterfly, it flew direct onto my hand
There it stayed, as content as can be
Was it you Mom?
Returned in disguise to be close to me

Gone forever, I know, you never will be
You'll always be present in one form or other
It soothes my heart to feel you so near
Please, always stay close to me, dear Mother





Margaret, 2nd Sept. '08

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Feelings, when shared with the outside world, tend to reduce the burden of the heart. Your poems...Love, Helpless and I Miss You Mom, have strong feelings and are really heart-touching. Definitely the poems you write are unique and out of ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yes, sharing definitely makes it easier to burden & reduce the pain.

    ReplyDelete