A Day at the lake
*
A beautiful, sunny day it was, when I headed for the lake
The sky so blue, the exquisite clouds as white as snow
I followed my heart, it told me, there's no nicer place to be
But to sit by the lakeside, surrounded by nature, under a tree
A beautiful, sunny day it was, when I headed for the lake
The sky so blue, the exquisite clouds as white as snow
I followed my heart, it told me, there's no nicer place to be
But to sit by the lakeside, surrounded by nature, under a tree
*
So here it was, in this very spot, I gave my heart to Nature
To a scene so pure, so magnificent, in its very existence so strong
Before my eyes, the swans, they swam with their heads held high
So elegant, so proud, leaving ripples in their trail as they glided along
So here it was, in this very spot, I gave my heart to Nature
To a scene so pure, so magnificent, in its very existence so strong
Before my eyes, the swans, they swam with their heads held high
So elegant, so proud, leaving ripples in their trail as they glided along
*
A gentle breeze was blowing, touching my skin, my face, so tender
A leaf, it took from the tree, sending it on its journey
To be swept along its way to wherever it may land
Blown here, blown there, it’s destiny in God’s hand
A gentle breeze was blowing, touching my skin, my face, so tender
A leaf, it took from the tree, sending it on its journey
To be swept along its way to wherever it may land
Blown here, blown there, it’s destiny in God’s hand
*
To gaze into the wondrous sky, is a pleasure I can’t describe
This miracle above me, in all its magnificence, its glory
It fills my heart with awe, drag my eyes away, I do not dare
This precious gift from God, there's nothing to compare
To gaze into the wondrous sky, is a pleasure I can’t describe
This miracle above me, in all its magnificence, its glory
It fills my heart with awe, drag my eyes away, I do not dare
This precious gift from God, there's nothing to compare
*
My feet, they wander over the dew covered grass, lush green
To the water edge I head, so clear, every pebble can be seen
The trees swaying in the wind, their leaves whispering softly
In the cool water I dip my feet, the cute ducks swim past me
My feet, they wander over the dew covered grass, lush green
To the water edge I head, so clear, every pebble can be seen
The trees swaying in the wind, their leaves whispering softly
In the cool water I dip my feet, the cute ducks swim past me
*
The hours pass by, the suns set. Here I still sit, quiet and alone
But up I have to get, my heart’s heavy, it's time to head back home
Hard it is, to leave this place, so splendid, so absolutely whole
Tomorrow I will return, for here, I find peace for my heart and my soul
The hours pass by, the suns set. Here I still sit, quiet and alone
But up I have to get, my heart’s heavy, it's time to head back home
Hard it is, to leave this place, so splendid, so absolutely whole
Tomorrow I will return, for here, I find peace for my heart and my soul
*
30.8.07, Margaret
No comments:
Post a Comment