
Helpless
Seeing you so helpless
It just tears at my heart
From your bedside
I don't want to part
My tears, they're flowing
They just won't stop
My heart, it's weeping
My body's ready to drop
Dear Mom, you don't deserve
To suffer in this way
Give me your pain
Let me take it away
Poor Dad, he misses you
So very, very much
He wants you home
He's missing your touch
In your ear I whisper
That you're just doing fine
I ask, "Can you hear me?"
Your hand held tight in mine
Then you give a small nod
You know that I'm here
You give me a smile
From your eye drops a tear
Dear Angels in Heaven
I ask Thee to guide
Look down on my Mother
Stay close by her side
To God, I send my prayers
That soon you will recover
The house, it's just so empty
Without you here, my Mother
Margaret, 9th July 2008
(early in the morning before Mom passed away)
this is realy great.keep writing
ReplyDeleteThanx for ur comment, really appreciated. Glad u liked my poem
ReplyDeleteDear Margaret,
ReplyDeleteThe poem showcases all the emotions which children share with their parents during helpless situations.
However strong the person may be, but such incidents in life make a sudden out-burst of their hidden emotions.
It is difficult to predict the state of mind you were into, when you wrote this poem.
May God bless your family and cure the bruises of life.
Dear Charan
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your blessings and genuine participation.
It is really very difficult to stay strong during these kind of situations. But Gods good and time does heal a little.