My Love for the Mountains
*
With a smile on my face, I awoke and out the window I glanced
The sky, full with thick clouds beckoning me out of bed
Today’s destination being the mountains, not too far away
My heart was light with joy, knowing what before me lay
*
Along the highway I sped, my whole body longing to be there
Suddenly, in the horizon, there they were, striking in the air
My heart gave a leap, my breath was taken away
This magnificent sight. My heart, I thought would tear
Along the highway I sped, my whole body longing to be there
Suddenly, in the horizon, there they were, striking in the air
My heart gave a leap, my breath was taken away
This magnificent sight. My heart, I thought would tear
*
Out the car I jumped, changed into my trekking boots
First steps taken, a long climb, my heart, content to be here
Through the thick forest I walked, over moss-covered boulder
A pleasure beyond comparison, this location I hold so dear
Out the car I jumped, changed into my trekking boots
First steps taken, a long climb, my heart, content to be here
Through the thick forest I walked, over moss-covered boulder
A pleasure beyond comparison, this location I hold so dear
*
The peace, the quiet, one step after the other, lost in my own dreams
The only sound from the birds, so sweet, accompanying me along the way
Their song, like honey to my ears, unbelievably calming
Filling my heart with delight, with sheer happiness, more than I can say
The peace, the quiet, one step after the other, lost in my own dreams
The only sound from the birds, so sweet, accompanying me along the way
Their song, like honey to my ears, unbelievably calming
Filling my heart with delight, with sheer happiness, more than I can say
*
All of a sudden the trees clear, the forest comes to an end, and out I step
Oh! what a view before my eyes. Tremendous, amazing shoots through my mind
This Godly sight before me, so incredibly magnificent in all its glory
“Am I still here on earth?" I ask myself. “This can only be a Heaven of some kind”
All of a sudden the trees clear, the forest comes to an end, and out I step
Oh! what a view before my eyes. Tremendous, amazing shoots through my mind
This Godly sight before me, so incredibly magnificent in all its glory
“Am I still here on earth?" I ask myself. “This can only be a Heaven of some kind”
*
Before my eyes, these vigorous objects, so grandiose, so absolutely spectacular
Move, I cannot from this spot, from this sight, my body numb with awe
Transfixed to the ground, there I stand, the cool wind blowing in my face
To many places I have been, but something, oh so beautiful! I never saw
Before my eyes, these vigorous objects, so grandiose, so absolutely spectacular
Move, I cannot from this spot, from this sight, my body numb with awe
Transfixed to the ground, there I stand, the cool wind blowing in my face
To many places I have been, but something, oh so beautiful! I never saw
*
After endless time of gazing, I finally move on my way
For reached, I have not yet, the very top, the highest peak
My limbs are tiring after the long trek till here
But on I tread, the Cross, symboling the top, is what I seek
After endless time of gazing, I finally move on my way
For reached, I have not yet, the very top, the highest peak
My limbs are tiring after the long trek till here
But on I tread, the Cross, symboling the top, is what I seek
*
At last! I made it! I’m standing at the ultimate summit!
The exertion, oh it was worth it! Of that, I’m absolutly sure
To behold this terrific panorama, this awesome experience
Thank You God for creating this scene, so wonderfully pure
At last! I made it! I’m standing at the ultimate summit!
The exertion, oh it was worth it! Of that, I’m absolutly sure
To behold this terrific panorama, this awesome experience
Thank You God for creating this scene, so wonderfully pure
*
5.9.07
Margaret
5.9.07
Margaret
Hi
ReplyDeleteIt was a visual treat, reading such wonderful poems. All the three poems...A Day at the Lake, Autumn Beauty and My Love for the Mountains are mind-blowing. Writing poems is never an easy task, great work. Keep writing more posts on nature...
Hi
ReplyDeleteMany thnx. I'm happy to know my nature poems bring pleasure to others. It's great to share these wonderful experiences with other nature lovers.