Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Unheard Cries






They crushed your will and shattered your world
As you fell prey to their vicious, sick minds
A tender bird fallen in the hands of beastly vermin
In a bus occupied by the world’s worst swines

They robbed you of your dignity....and your soul
Brutally attacking every inch of your young body
Savages in an uncivilized world
A cowardly act beyond humane sense and sanity

Your brave heart fought hard as your organs failed
Cold iron left it’s irreversible mark on your dormant brain
Such little chance you had to survive your injuries
A victim of crime and corruption, you became their aim

Yours, just one of many, unheard, crying voices
Of women harassed and molested, day by day
May your death bring change to this world of ignorance
Rest in peace, brave girl, as in God’s hands you lay




This poem is dedicated to the victim of the recent gang-rape in Delhi. I hope and pray that her death wasn’t in vain and that her martyrdom opens the eyes of India’s politicians to make Delhi, and all of India, a safer place. A place where women are respected and rapists are brought before a civil court and given the penalty they deserve.

15 comments:

  1. Margaret-Thank you for finding the words to honor the woman killed and to condemn her merciless murderers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bruce, thank you for reading and taking the time to leave a comment. Much appreciated!

      Delete
  2. Dear Nishant, what can I say to everything you've said? I don't know India the way you do, but I believe everything you've written is 100% truth. You've faced it all. What do I see when I visit for a couple of weeks every few years!!

    This brutal act has opened my eyes to a India that I didn't know existed. It's shocked and upset me to the core.

    Yes, as you say, the good thing is she's free from all her pain now....but she's only one in thousands. I hope with all my heart that her death brings about changes to ensure the security of ALL women and girls in 'Incredible India'.

    Thank you, Nishant for sharing your thoughts here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have read anything better on this issue. It really brings out the pain and agony of the victim and the bestiality of the culprits. May her soul rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Monk - thank you for your comment. She's in God's hands now so she'll never undergo pain and agony again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pierced my heart, Margaret.

    The tragedy perpetrated on her is beyond words or comprehension. Yet you have honored her in such a fierce and illuminating way that I can't help but feel the darkness surrendering, if just a little.

    It's good to read your words again, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, it's so good to see you here again! :)

    Thank you for reading- and even more thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

    I hope justice is done in India for her pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been following your blog a bit and I notice some underlying fascination with India. May I ask you the reason why ?

    Brilliant poem. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, thanks for your interest in my blog, glad to hear you've been following a bit.

    Yes, I love India. My husband is Indian and I've visited many times. I always feel at home whenever I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Margaret
    First, I'd like to wish you a wonderful New Year full of peace and joy.
    And now, I'd like to thank you for writing that poignant poem dedicated to the young woman that lost her life in such a savage manner, it was truly heartbreaking!

    I was just thinking of you so pooped over :)

    Take care

    Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see you here again, Margie! Thank you so much for always popping back. I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for you and all your loved ones.
    I'm flying to New York in a few days, my very first visit to the States. Looking forward to seeing your side of the world. :)

    You too, take care x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a wonderful time in New York.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margie - yes, we had a wonderful time. The only problem was it was too short to see everything.

      I'm planning to write a blog post on the trip and post it on my "Come Along" blog soon. You'll get to see some photos there. x

      Delete