| 8th Feb. 1982 |
No riches, jewels
or charms
can ever replace
the gift of a new-born baby
cradled in my arms
Thirty years ago
you saw the light of day
enriching my life
with infinite love
as in my arms you lay
or charms
can ever replace
the gift of a new-born baby
cradled in my arms
Thirty years ago
you saw the light of day
enriching my life
with infinite love
as in my arms you lay
Dedicated to my first-born daughter, Sunita on her 30th birthday today.
This ones a heart touching poem Margaret!! Very well written!!
ReplyDeleteThis poem is simple - but speaks volumes. A mother-child bond is so divine, the love is selfless, pure and unconditional :)
The photo shows the joy of a mother looking at her first born child, the joy of becoming a mother for the first time in life.
This poem and photo have inspired me to write on how special a mother-child bond is, will post it soon on my blog, thank you for sharing such a marvel :)
Wishing Sunita a very happy 30th birthday, may all her dreams come true and you must be so proud of her just as much as she is to have such a great mother :)
Best wishes to you, Sunita and all your family :)
Cheers,
Charan :)
beautiful. wish your daughter a very happy belated birthday.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poem and beautiful picture!
ReplyDeleteI feel the love!
I see the love in your eyes!
I know just how you feel!
Margie x
Sai Charan - thanks so much for your lovely comment and wishes.
ReplyDeleteI'm honoured that you feel inspired by it to write a poem of your own and really look forward to reading it on your blog soon.
Onkar - Always good to see you here. Thank you very much for your sincere wishes.
Margie - Who else, but another mother, can identify with this poem and feel the love? Thank you, dear Margie. x
You look just the same as you did 30 years ago. And you looked real good 30 years ago. :)
ReplyDeleteI know I'm late, but I guess today is as good as any to wish happiness to Sunita (and Nina and Jennifer and the rest of your near and dear ones).
The photograph just says all there is to say, and your words say what though not needed, any daughter would love to hear again, and again from her mother.
Hope you got shit-drunk and partied like hell. What? Too crude? Umm.. Hope you had a nice evening with the company of your loved ones. Hows that? :D
Aniket - your comments work magic on me, they always make me laugh and feel good! If you could make a living from being a smashing blog commentator then you'd be rolling in money by now. :D
ReplyDeleteThanks for the lovely wishes and yeah, I did party like hell (until 2.30am) but no, I didn't get shit-drunk - not this time anyway! :D
There might be a business idea in there. Hmm... I should think about it.
ReplyDeleteI like the image of me rolling in money. :)
Hi Nishant,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your wonderful comment.
There's really nothing that can compare with this feeling of holding your own new-born baby. One day you'll experience it too and maybe then you'll remember my poem. :)
Yeah, even then I always had a good book with me wherever I went, although I don't think I got much time to read after Sunita was born. :)
Thank you, Margaret, for sharing that special moment with us. Daughters are great, aren't they. Sending warm wishes to your entire family. Bruce.
ReplyDeleteHello Bruce,
ReplyDeletethank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
Yes, daughters are something very special. I wish the years didn't fly by so fast though. Sometimes I'd love to turn back the clock to when they were all small. :)
Best wishes to you and your family, too.