Wish you all a very Happy New Year (especially those who feel lonely and long for a companion - hope 2012 brings you happiness and all you wish for).
His New Year's Wish
Alone he sat sank in his thoughts
As one thought drifted to the next
Only to return to that same longing
That longing
to love and be loved
To have someone
to laugh withShare tears with
Someone to care for
For the rest of his days
Another year draws to a close
Minutes tick
away
Days, weeks,
monthsEndless time alone
If only…
He had someone
to call his own

There must be so many people in the world that are feeling that same way as the New Year approaches.
ReplyDeleteThis is a sad poem but wonderfully expressed!
Well done, Margaret.
Happy New Year to you and all your family!
May it bring you much peace and love!
Margie x
Dear Margaret,
ReplyDeleteA very nice poem which is apt to the photo! Your poems, though simple are very expressive, they carry a lot of meaning!
My favourite lines from the poem are, "That longing to love and be loved, To have someone to laugh with, Share tears with, Someone to care for...". And I loved the usage of the word, "Oblivious" in the first stanza, it fits perfect there!
I can connect to the poem, cause I undergo similar feelings sometimes! Loneliness can't be understood unless someone actually faces it and lives through it, its a heavy feeling for the heart to handle!
Wish to see you updating your blog regularly, hoping to read another poem from you soon, good luck with writing, take care,
Cheers,
Charan :)
@ Onkar
ReplyDeleteThank you, and a very happy new year to you and your family.
@ Margie
The prompt inspired me to write these sad lines. I think loneliness must be one of the most anguishing feelings a soul can suffer from. I don't wish it on anyone.
Hope your new year got off to a good start and continues to bring you health, peace and happiness.
@ Charan
Nice to see you back after quite a while!
Thanks for sharing your feelings here. I hope and pray that you never have to go through loneliness again. You deserve to be happy always!
Happy new year!
Like Charan, I feel that way sometimes too. But I guess everyone does, once in a while. Even if you have people you care about around you, you feel a certain void.
ReplyDeleteLast new years party, I was the only stag in our group. It sucked! But this years party went absolutely fabulous. The best, I'd ever had.
Thanks for this poem, for remembering me, and for everything else that makes you awesome.
Aniket - sorry to hear that you feel that way sometimes too. But as you say, it hits most of us now & again.
ReplyDeleteReally happy to hear you had such a great time bringing in 2012. I hope that's a sign that it'll be one of your best years ever!! May your luck last! :)