Friendship
True friendship forms a special bond
That with time and care matures
When nourished with love and kindness
Will grow throughout the years
It’s about taking time for one another
To listen, laugh, joke or even cry
Just to be there in good times and bad
To lend an ear without asking why
In both of you, loyal friends, we’ve found
And with these few lines we’d like to say
From the bottom of our gracious hearts
We value your friendship in every way
May the memories we treasure over the years
Bring us joy and smiles as we recollect
All the lovely moments shared in your house or ours
Over a bottle of wine or a glass of Sekt
Parties, we’ve celebrated till early morn’
New Years, we’ve brought in with song and cheer
Birthdays, we’ve toasted to each other’s health
Special times, we’ll cherish and forever hold dear
Bonded together again we are to jubilate
As both of you celebrate your special day
Surrounded by loving family and friends
May you be blessed with happiness in every way
(Written for our dear friends, Alfred & Andrea as they both celebated their 50th birthday)

I love your friendship poem, Margaret.
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful and you are blessed to have that special kind of friendship with your friends Alfred and Andrea.
I wish you a wonderful holiday season!
May you find delight in all that gives you joy!
Margie x
P.S I still am not writing on my poetry blog but i have a new one called Nature, Animals and People.
It's a photo blog and I have posted a few times.
Hope you might like it!
Thank you, dear Margie!
ReplyDeleteYour new blog is wonderful...full of all the things I love! I'm following from today.
Have a wonderful Christmas surrounded by loved ones. x
Beautiful poem
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, Onkar. I wish you and your family a peaceful Christmas and a bright, prosperous New Year.
ReplyDeleteNishant - thank you so much for reading and commenting here even though you were spending every spare min studying.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the time with your pals at home when you go back on 31st. :)
A beautiful ode to friendship. I can't think of anyone better to hold the flag of friendship and I'm sure they're both lucky to have you in their lives. As am I.
ReplyDeleteAniket - thanks for your lovely words. All I can say is, I value your friendship in every way and count myself lucky to be called your friend.
ReplyDelete