Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Unperturbed




The air is cold, clear and bright
Paths and meadows blanketed in virgin white
Not yet trodden by human foot
Nor touched by human hand

Branches dipped in sugar icing
Frosty trees with crowns held high
Compused, calm, erect and proud
Emanating heavenly grace and charm

The landscape pure, fresh and innocent
Perfection created by nature’s hand
Unperturbed, serene and tranquil
Bringing peace to the hearts of all mankind

11 comments:

  1. It's always a delight when you post a poem! I love the word choices in this one. The language reflects the calmness and beauty of that "unperturbed" scene. Beautiful work, Margaret.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Karen for such lovely words!

    Merry Christmas to you and all your family too. Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot agree more with Karen. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Onkar. I hope to be a bit more active on blogger after the holidays.
    Happy New Year to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nishant - Thank you for coming back and leaving such a lovely comment.

    I, too, love the time of waiting, anticipating an upcoming event. I love the 4 weeks of Advent,coming up to Christmas more than Christmas itself. As, once it's arrived it's over before we realize it!

    Thanks for taking the time to read over my previous poems. I'm glad you liked the one for Hanne. It'll always be special to me just like the one you shared with me.

    Have a wonderful time at home, enjoy the wintertime and have a great trip to the VD Hills. Looking forward to seeing your photos when you get back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice .. very beautiful.. keep writing..
    Please visit my blog.

    Lyrics Mantra
    Download Free Music

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Harman

    Thank you and welcome here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for visiting my poetry blog, and your lovely comment.

    I love the imagery with yours. Beautiful painting with words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for visiting my poetry blog, and your lovely comment.

    I love the imagery with yours. Beautiful painting with words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Margaret
    Nice to be visiting your blog again.
    It's been a long time!

    Beautiful poem!
    I so enjoyed it!

    Hope all is wonderful in your life!

    Margie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Glynis

    Sorry I missed acknowledging your comment until now. Thank you so much for stopping by here.

    @ Margie

    So good to see you back! It really is a long time!
    Yes, all is well with me - hope it's the same with you.
    Thanks for your kind words on my poem. As you can see I'm not blogging much these days but hope to change that very soon. Take good care. :)

    ReplyDelete