Thursday, 8 July 2010

Passing




As guests we’re all welcome
here on earth
to dance our dances
and sing our songs
sow seeds for future generations
to come
wipe tears and shed our own
silently
struggle during times of hardship
and strain
to rise again with a smile, leaving behind
forgotten pain
nurturing with natural, homely
love and care
to then reap the fruits that
flourish and bear
never to forget - pure mortals
we are
just passing guests under skies
of blue
a tiny speck of stardust, helpless
in nature’s arms
until the day God gently takes us
into his palms

7 comments:

  1. This is lovely, insightful, and sad, Margaret. And true. so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen.
    I wrote this in memory of my mother.
    Tomorrow, July 9th is the 2nd anniv. of her death as well as the 55th Wedding anniv. of my parents. God bless them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely poem. So beautifully points out the ephemeral nature of our existence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dear Nishant for such a lovely comment.

    It's heart-warming to read your words of appreciation for my poems. I'm so lucky to have dear followers and friends like you here.

    While writing this poem I tried to put myself into the mind & heart of my Mother and how I remember her while she was bringing us up. She worked hard all her life. She came from a big family and was the eldest daughter. I think she started her first job at the young age of 13!

    I hope to see you posting again soon on your blog. Missing your photos.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so spiritual. It is poignant, yet it offers hope. Love this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaye - It's so good to see you back here after so long.
    Thank you for your lovely comment to my poem. I'm delighted you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete