Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Sadness




This feeling so strong, it’s eating my heart

Think straight, I can’t

My whole world seems to be pulled apart

Breathe. Its hard, where shall I start?



My heart, it’s like a lump of lead

Like something used and old

That it doesn’t crash to the ground

Is a wonder. How can it hold?



Tired, that's what my body is

Hurting me to the bone

How can a feeling be so strong

Please, leave me alone



It gripped me unexpectedly

Prepared, I was not

All of a sudden, there it was

To my very core, it got



To cry, I want, but the tears won’t come

How can they come?

My body’s dry, there’s no life left

Come - take me home

10 comments:

  1. A terrible feeling, indeed.

    I hope it breaks soon (or already has broken).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Margaret, I'm so sorry. I know you've had awful trauma in the past few months. I hope you will be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is by far the most honest poem that I've read. I hope these are just your thoughts and not a state of being. Take care, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know words can come from the heart that are not your own feelings but the feelings of another you try to express. I hope this is so, I would hate to think you are feeling so low. There is so much love for you in the hearts of your Family and friends. Brendan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason, Karen, Aniket, Onkar and Brendan -

    Thank you all for bearing with me here and reading this poem.

    We all go through moments in life that either pull us down or leave us feeling elated. That's what life's about.

    Thankfully, the heartening moments overrule the disheartening ones. So it's just a matter of looking in the right direction.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have you in my prayers, Margaret.
    May God give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Nina

    Thanks for the heart - love you...


    @ Margie

    Thank you for such kind words Margie. I've just visited your blog but see you're still not back yet.
    Hope to read a wonderful, new poem from you soon.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just ran across your blog and experienced the emotion in your poetry. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Connie

    Thanks for coming by my blog and for your blessings.
    Hope to see you here again.

    ReplyDelete