Friday, 14 May 2010

Spring Forth




Arms no longer bare and brittle
Bleak nor barren
Every tiny, grinning bud
Eager to share it's smiles
Laughing out it's innocent sweetness
Dressed in pure, soft, silky loveliness


Limbs come alive with colour and zest
Life protruding from every pore
Bursting forth long-suppressed energy
Bestowing new hope to naked harshness
Warm rays of sunshine cast a magic spell
As long-awaited treasures leave their shell


Each new day awaits small wonders
Enchanting gems sprout from every angle
Turning scrawny arms with craggy fingers
Into flourishing dreamlike beauties
Nature's precious gift for the eye to behold
As year for year new seasons unfold








10 comments:

  1. Such a warm ode to spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very tender and lyrical poem. Pictures are also very enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret,

    It’s been so long since I last wrote a comment on your posts; insufficient leisure time is the reason.

    Sorry about the length of this comment, it looks like another post.Infact, I felt like reviewing the poem thoroughly, giving thought to every detail you’ve portrayed in each line.

    First of all, I’d like to appreciate the two photos taken by you, their colours are soothingly pleasant :)

    Well, now for the title of this poem, “Spring Forth”  It’s a smart way I would say - of choosing two words from simple vocabulary which just fit in so well.

    You’ve brought out a clear picturesque presentation, showcasing how the season of snows and frosts sends life into hibernation and later, how all that energy gets unleashed listening to the first song of spring.

    These joys were like held captive all through the dull winter and now they are released and given complete freedom to rejoice.

    Yes, the winter's harsh rains & ruins are over and it is now the right time for colourful spring flowers to bloom :)

    It is hard to pick a favourite line from such a fantastic poem where each line is carefully carved. But I would say that the line, “Laughing out it's innocent sweetness” is simply outstanding :)

    Also, I’d like to pick those typical lines which are really difficult to write – “Turning scrawny arms with craggy fingers” and “Bestowing new hope to naked harshness”.

    And when you say “Enchanting gems sprout from every angle” in the final stanza, the meaning is vivid as to how the spring warmth makes the fresh innocent buds to sprout and appear like gems before they bloom to decorate the trees.

    In this season of spring - the frosts are forgotten and flowers begotten :)

    Margaret, pause for a minute and take notice of the talent you’ve got, it is God’s gift to be able to churn out such brilliant poetry.

    With your family’s support, take up the idea of publishing your own booklet of "Collection of Poems" – allow your thoughts to flow like a river into the hearts of people living in every nook and corner of this world.

    Let everyone come to know how spring season can take birth and breathe life through your magical poetry.

    Don’t let this spring season slip by, write as many poems possible and be alert to capture snapshots when the nature’s elements give their best pose :)

    Wish you good luck, take care,

    Cheers,
    Charan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink and golden flowers look so enchanting. I bet you are enjoying your walks to the lake a hell lot more in the spring. :)

    Hope you are keeping well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jason
    Thanks Jason, glad you liked it. :)

    @ Onkar
    Thank you for the compliments on my photos as well as poem Onkar.

    @ Sai
    Well Sai, you certainly made up for staying away for awhile with this terrific comment! All's forgiven, ha ha :D

    Seriously, thank you very much for taking so much time to go over my poem and leaving such a detailed comment.

    You've digested the poem and caught ever single meaning I wanted to convey.

    If you enjoyed the two photos then make sure to pop over to my "Come Along" blog - I posted a Spring post there recently with lots more such pics. It's just a click away. :)

    Loved your couplet too:
    In this season of spring - the frosts are forgotten and flowers begotten :)

    Thanks so much, I really appreciate your delightful comment.

    @ Aniket

    Thanks Aniket, yes, I'm loving the walks - you should see the amount of photos I've clicked!
    Just wish it'd get a bit warmer - we're having the coldest May since about 100 years! Send us over some of your hot Indian sun plz! :)

    Yes, I'm keeping well, not having as much time for blogging as I'd like to - that's my only complaint! Take care.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Margaret,

    Am I happy to see a post from you after a long time! This is a lovely, lively, brilliantly and cleverly worded, warm, hopeful and soulful poem. More is less when it comes to appreciating this beautiful piece.

    I like the "human" angle you have provided to describe the season. Also, if we really take a look at this poem as the birth of a baby, and all the dried legs and hands as the lives that were awaiting the arrival of the new born to change their lives forever it makes for another beautiful perspective.

    A truly enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing this. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vittal

    You had to wait a long time for a new post from me & now you've had to wait almost as long for a reply to your comment! My apologies Vittal - I had read yours & Nishant's comments the day they came in but never got round to replying until now.

    Thank you SO much for giving my poem such praise.
    It's always nice to know how others interpret my poems and I love the perspective of a new born baby which you saw in it.
    That's what spring is all about - new birth and I'm so glad you could see that meaning here.

    You too, have a wonderful day ahead. I'm going on a 1 week vacation from Friday so I won't be blogging during that time.
    Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nishant

    My apology goes out to you too for the long delay in acknowledging your wonderful comment.

    I'm very happy to see that my photos touch you so deeply. The "Bleeding Heart" flower is in full bloom now in my garden. It really is a pleasure to see it.

    Yes, I know how much you love flowers. Your photos on your blog show it immensely.

    I'm glad you loved this poem as much as the others I've written. As a fellow nature-lover, I knew you'd like it.

    I hope it's cooled down a bit for you now in Delhi.

    No, I didn't realize that one of the pics you sent me was the same Amaltas tree as on Onkar's blog post as there was no name to it. But now, looking back, I do see the resemblance. It's such a lovey tree.

    My prayers are always with you Nishant during your exams - I hope & pray they're going well for you.

    Hope you're getting the sleep you need to be fit for the exams.. Take good care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photo and poetry, Margaret. This is a very visual poem, and I love those best of all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Karen

    Thank you so much. Your comment means a lot to me.

    I'm sorry I haven't been too active on your blog lately. It's hard to finding the time for blogging sometimes.

    Tomorrow I'm flying to UK for 1 week for my brother's wedding. It's gonna be a lovey time with all the family gathered together again.

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete