Thursday, 7 January 2010

Away for a while...

Dear blogger friends,

I'm flying to Ireland in a couple of hours. My father is seriously ill. As he's at the great age of 94 (almost 95) we don't know if he'll pull through.

Please remember him in your prayers (his name is Mick).

I won't be blogging for a while. Jason, sadly I'll miss your contest this time - I wish all the participants the best of luck.

Take care, Margaret x

14 comments:

  1. All my prayers are with your father. May the almighty give you the strength to cope up with the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you, Margaret. Thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Old Monk, Karen & Gauri.

    I'm sorry to say I didn't get to fly today. All flights to Ireland have been cancelled due to bad weather - heavy snowfall! And as far as I can see the weather's only going to get worse. I hope & pray I will be able to fly as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret;

    My prayers and hopes he gets well soon.

    Take care!

    Amity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love and prayers, dear friend! You'll be in my mind and heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Margaret
    I am keeping your father in my prayers.
    I hope so very much he is ok!

    Margie
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. May God bless your father with gud health dnt wory all is well

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear that Margaret. Hope he is doing better now. I wish with all my heart that he does well.

    I was too involved with CoN that I didn't see this post till now. Stay strong, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Old Monk, Karen, Gauri, Amity, K., Nishant, Margie, Ritu & Aniket:

    Thank you all for your kind words. I'm still in Ireland. My dad was very critical when I arrived but he's an amazing man and is fighting hard. He's got kidney failure, a very weak heart and internal bleeding. The doctors haven't found the reason for the bleeding yet as he's too weak to be put under anaesthetic.
    Please keep praying for him.
    I'll be staying in Ireland for at least another 2 weeks.
    All the best...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My prayers with ur father Maggie. May almighty give him more strngth to hold on to this moment. god bless him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Anil.
    Every prayer helps...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the update on your father, Margaret.
    I am still praying that he will be ok.
    I know it's so hard to see your loved one suffer!
    I hope he's not in pain!

    Take good care!

    Margie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry I'm this late in coming here, Margaret. I've been slow with blogging lately.

    Please know that your father has all my hopes and good wishes with him. And that you do, too. It's not the same, but my grandfather is 94 and in the ICU right now, too. I know the emotional rollercoaster you must be enduring.

    We all hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete