Monday, 14 December 2009

God's Hymn





As tranquil silence echoes in my ears
my eyes greedily absorb winter's maiden
shrouded in a blanket of flawless purity
untouched, pure and gleaming white

The frosty air bites my naked cheeks
leaving it's rosy impressions embossed
chilly fingers tucked deep in cosy pockets
unwilling to leave their warm sanctuary

Anxiety and disquiet perish
carried away on wings of ice
as the warmth of nature's sweetness
engulf me in celestial embrace

With guarded steps I stroll ahead
cautious not to spoil or disrupt
the hum of peace singing God's hymn
manifesting it's way deep within

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful verse to this frosty song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like we both are appreciating this beautiful world and holy season. Beautiful, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jason
    Frosty is RIGHT! It's got so cold here now. But beautiful with the snow and frost. Thank you!

    @ Karen
    We can't remind ourselves often enough how beautiful our world is. I love capturing the beauty with my camera. Hope my great-grandkids get to see the pics in years to come! Thank you Karen for leaving your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you can find the warmth in even the chilliest landscape, Margaret. This poem speaks well of you.

    Your language is quite lovely throughout, but I particularly appreciated the final stanza. Walking in the fresh snow/ice does feel like that, doesn't it? An amazing purity that we're almost hesitant to mark with our very human footsteps.

    Beautiful work, and perfect for the season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and the pic looks straight from a fairy tale.

    But I just wanna build a snow castle there and throw snow balls at everyone! Come on, hobbes.

    Splat - splat - splat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Gauri
    Thank you!

    @ Sarah
    The warmth comes from inside Sarah, no matter how cold it is outside!
    A landscape of freshly fallen snow, still untouched, untrodden really does emit that purity.
    Thank you so much for your thoughts here Sarah. Happy Christmas to you & your family.

    @ Aniket
    So, you're ready for a snowball fight - c'mon then. I'll challenge you!!
    But I think you'd freeze here with the cold before you could even make one! It's -8°C today, brrrrrr....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Margaret! A lovely verse to reflect this icy snowy time. Lovely lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Margaret,

    "God's Hymn" is such a beautiful song of winter joy with soft snow flakes dancing around :)

    This line, "my eyes greedily absorb winter's maiden" - showcases your passion for nature.

    Every season is beautiful in its own way - so we can spend days together admiring the beauty of nature with the eyes of our heart...

    The second stanza gave me a big smile - yes, let the chilled up fingers enjoy the warmth of cosy pockets :) The photo in this post, showing snow covered surroundings is nice :)

    We all wait to hear more of your winter songs... keep writing more...

    Cheers,
    Charan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Onkar
    Thank you so much for always giving your comment Onkar.

    @ Cat
    It's just as 'lovely' for me to read your comments Cat! Thank you! Hope you had a great Christmas.

    @ Sai
    Thanks for such warm thoughts during this chilly winter. :)
    So glad you enjoyed this. Yes, I hope to write more on winter. Let's see what I come up with.

    @ Sawan
    Thanks Anil. Good to see you here again. Hope all's well with you. :)

    ReplyDelete