Wednesday, 23 December 2009

Christmas Time



I was hoping to write a Christmas poem to post before Christmas but I haven't had the time to put one together. So.... I'm posting the poem I put on my blog last year. A lot of you weren't around here last year so I hope you enjoy it now.










Gentle flakes of snow descending
Green trees mantled in coats of white
Gleeful kids with glowing cheeks
Awaiting Christmas with sheer delight

A time for families to come together
Home full of love, joy and togetherness
Love ones arriving from near and far
Sharing these moments of utmost bliss

House scrubbed and decorated to the nines
Twinkle of lights in windows and all around
Aura of freshly-cut Christmas tree compelling
Mingling with fragrance and scents abound

Affectionately wrapped presents under the tree
Awaiting eager hands to unravel and astound
Christmas songs sung with pure delight
Where love, happiness and joy can be found

Children with eyes agleam with anticipation
Thinking about what Santa will bring
To see the beaming smiles on their small faces
Is enough to make every heart sing

Gathered together around a festive table
Abundant with fondly prepared dishes
Loved ones joined in unison
Each one fulfilling the other ones wishes

The warmth and love of Christmas time
Gathered in front of an open log fire
No matter what creed, caste or colour
Here you'll find your heart's desire

A time for giving with utmost elation
Not only to family and friends at home
But also to those less fortunate beings
To whom sorrow, fear and anxiety roam

May the spirit of Christmas spread throughout
Bringing merriment, cheerfulness and glee
To every raw soul near and far
Affectionately for all the world to see


I wish all my family and friends all over the world a

very happy, peaceful & joyful Christmas





With love, Margaret









5 comments:

  1. This is exactly what Christmas should be. Much love and Merry Christmas Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem. Wish you merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Nishant
    It's a pleasure to bring our winter and Christmas closer to you & all others so far away. I'm sure you'll get to see it all in the future.

    Thanks for reading all my past posts too, you're a true friend!

    My special thanks go to you for reading & commenting even during your exams. Good luck with the 5th one on 29th - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. You deserve to do well - as I'm sure you will.

    We had a lovely Xmas - Thank you. :)

    @ Cat
    Yes Cat - that's what Xmas is all about, isn't it?
    Thank you & take care xx :)

    @ Onkar
    Thank you and a very Merry Christmas to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful poem. Merry Christmas, Margaret!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jason. Christmas was as lovely as can be. Hope you & your family enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete