Thursday, 24 September 2009

Adieu






Time to say goodbye

weep not, oh precious beauty

seasons come and go

16 comments:

  1. Oh I had those feelings this morning, the autumnal air made me mourn the end of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret! You've found a haiku! And a very lovely one this is, full of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. I've been waiting for this. I like rains, I do but I love autumn/winters in India.

    Full of festivals, holidays and long sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And still, there's a tear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful for the end of summer and roses, farewell until next time my lovelies. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. seasons come and go, yet its so hard to say "bye", aint it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Glynis
    I'm mourning the end of summer too. We have to wait so long for it to come again.

    @ Karen
    Yeah Karen, you lost one - I found one... lucky me! :D

    @ Aniket
    Enjoy all the upcoming festivals and especially the long sleeps Zzzzz :)

    @ Jason
    I'm glad you noticed the tear. It's not as clear as I'd like it to be. I wish I had a better camera!

    @ Cat
    Thank you Cat! Yes, all we can say is farewell until next time.

    @ Sawan
    Bye is a sad word - in any sense. But at least it's not forever in this case. :)

    @ Onkar
    I'm glad you liked it, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! A perfect haiku Margaret! :)

    lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was my pleasure Leo, glad you enjoyed my haiku. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. things do go. but they go only because they had come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the first year in ages that I'm sad to see summer go. I usually look forward with eagerness to the holidays and winter snows.

    Oh well, as you say, weep not. It will return in time.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could almost smell that rose - gorgeous! It is sad when we have to say goodbye to all the beautiful colors and lovely fair weather - but, I do love the fall colors, too, and all it has to offer. Just hate what comes next!! Great Haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Nishant
    You're right - it's been a long time since I wrote a haiku. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    @ Lala
    Absolutely right! And we can count ourselves fortunate to have experienced them in the first place. :)

    @ Aine
    The season I hate to see go is spring. As much as I love the sunshine of summer, I adore the awakening that spring brings with it after a long winter.

    @ K.
    Yes, autumn has a lot to offer in respect to colours. The trees have already begun their change here which is lovely to see. Glad you liked my haiku K.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree--weep not. We would not treasure each season so, if it lasted forever. The fleetingness is part of the prize.

    A gentle, perfect haiku, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely right Sarah, we appreciate the beauty of all four seasons because we don't have them all year round. The pleasure is in the looking forward and anticipation.

    ReplyDelete