The dove-like breeze, on its
travels
strokes its path over closed
eyelids
rustling of leaves from swaying
trees
sings melodies of old songs to attentive
ears
sensuous scent of summer from fully-blossomed
roses
penetrates its way through deep-breathing
nostrils
The humming bee announces his strepitious
presence
on his frantic flight in search of precious
nectar
sun rays laugh a mountain of
smiles
on tired limbs, tingling sleeping skin
awake
and evoking warm thoughts of dear ones
near and far
heavy eyelids struggle open in time to catch
sight
of fluttering butterflies in their playful
flight
closing again to savour the symphony of twittering
feathered friends
What gorgeous flowers & the poem is just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteMargie:)
What an absolutely lovely poem! I could feel, smell, see every line of it -- and that's good poetry!
ReplyDeleteThanks for a great start to the weekend, Margaret!
a very beatiful poem and wonderful photos too! :)
ReplyDeleteThe way you look at nature is so different and refreshing.
ReplyDelete@ Nishant
ReplyDeleteYes, my garden is lovely at this time of year. I took much more pics, am planning to post them to "Come Along" soon. I'll share them with you there. :)
@ Margie
So glad you liked it Margie. Take care. :)
@ Karen
Ohh, I just loved your comment Karen. I'm delighted my poem reached you in that way. Hope your weekend is wonderful. :)
@ Leo
Thanks so much, so glad you enjoyed both poem & pics. Btw, I love the change to your blog. It has a lovely refreshing look about it now. :)
@ Onkar
Thank you Onkar for your thoughts on my way of looking at nature.
Oh I was transported to a comfy garden chair on a perfect afternoon. Thanks for sharing another great piece.
ReplyDeleteoh u liked the new look? :)
ReplyDeletem glad! hehe.. do write more poems Margaret! its quite beautiful, and a pleasure to read ur words!
You are a wood nymph aren't you? You're love for nature oozes out form these lines.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the summer while you can. :)
@ Glynis
ReplyDeleteI don't wanna distrub your peaceful afternoon in a comfy chair so I'll just whisper "thank you" - ssshhh...
@ Leo
Ya. love your new blog look and I find the title "Figments of Imagination" suits perfectly!
Keep up the good work.
@ Aniket
Being a wood nymph is only a small bit of what I am! :D
Think it's time to change my style of writing poems to show you another side of me. :D
Beautiful petunias!
ReplyDeleteI like how the single words are like stepping stones across the experience.
Okay, you've got me curious? :)
ReplyDeleteDear Margaret,
ReplyDeleteWriting such a poem of this standard definitely needs very close observation of nature's beauty and full involvement of poet's mind into the dynamics of the surroundings.
I would like to first appreciate the title of this poem. "My Small Paradise" fits so perfectly - how do you decide the titles of your poems?
Imagination is such a wonderful gift God has given us. How beautiful it feels to imagine all this happening:
Breeze stroking over closed eyelids...
Rustling of leaves singing melodious old songs...
Scent of summer roses penetrating through nostrils...
Sun rays laughing a mountain full of smiles on tired limbs...
I know that it is never easy to write such a poem.
It takes a lot of imagination to do, many hours to be spent amidst nature, become one with nature and a sharp skill of expression to write such lines.
My sincere advice to you is --> Let your poems be enjoyed not only by your blog visitors and friends but even the masses as well.
Well yes, your poems are worthy enough to reach the wider section of the society - the masses.
Try to approach a publisher to bring out a "Collection Of Poems".
Keep writing more frequently, wish you good luck.
Cheers,
Charan.
awesome poem mami g.........really enjoyed reading it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete@ Jason
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you liked the structure of my poem - thanks. :)
Yeah, the petunias turned out beautiful this year.
@ Aniket
Curiosity is a great attribute. Let's see what I come up with! :D
@ Sai Charan
Good to hear you liked the title. I don't pick a title until I'm almost through with writing the poem - then it just comes to me. I usually chose the first title that comes to mind.
Thank you for thinking my poems are good enough for publishing. I'm afraid I don't share your view. I'm quite happy just writing them for my blog and my followers.
But, thank you for your wonderful comment. Take care.. :)
@ Deep Sahni
Dear Meenu, so good to see you here again and leaving a comment. Thanks a million. TC... See ya soon..
it shows you love flowers like i do, too...nice work! keep up!
ReplyDeleteThank you Amity. Yes, I love flowers - any kind. Esp. a field of wild flowers.
ReplyDeletesometimes i wonder how you are always able to pick up small things we notice only if we stop running around (which hardly happens) and witness the beauties that adorns everything around us and weave it into something so simple and beautiful. really.
ReplyDeleteLala - If my poems encourage my readers to stop and take note of the beauty in the simple things around us that they'd normally not even notice - then I'm happy, very happy :D :D tc
ReplyDeleteReally Beautifully embedded and one more lovely poem from your treasure of poems dear one...Carry on with the beautiful wind of your garden and keep writing these beautiful blooming flowers that give there precious smell to others..that warm there hearts and produces warm feelings for you and others....Beautiful poem from your poem of Gardens..
ReplyDeleteTC
Harman
Harman - Hani thank you for your lovely comment. I'm so glad you liked my lines and that I was able to bring the beauty of my small but precious surroundings closer to you through my poem. TC :)
ReplyDelete