Monday, 3 August 2009

Untainted Soul




















Still and tranquil, she resides

beneath the mighty backdrop

of prestigious mountains,

protected in her calm haven

by towering giants of rock and stone.

Her crystal clear surface

immaculate in such flawless perfection

reflecting a setting of majestic beauty

captured deep in her untainted soul.












25 comments:

  1. Its beautiful Margaret.....the picture is breathtakingly beautiful and your words make it alive....wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is just so incredible & your poem is wonderful!

    We have gorgeous mountains like that in Colorado!
    I so love the mountains!

    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the photo and the description are gorgeous! What's the location, Margaret?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll add Lake Walchen to my places to visit list (Which is getting hellua long with each passing day :()

    I Love being close to water. So peaceful so serene...

    I've told you how much I envy you, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kavita
    I'm sending you a "Wow" back for such a lovely comment! :)

    @ Margie
    I'm totally with you in loving the mountains. There's not better place to spend a day.
    So glad you enjoyed this.

    @Karen
    Absolutely right Karen, the place is gorgeous. As Aniket pointed out, it's Lake Walchen (Walchensee) and is located 75KM south of Munich in a place called Kochel in the middle of the Bavarian Alps.
    If you'd like to see more pics of the lake check out my first post, posted Sept '08 on my other blog "Come Along"

    @ Nick
    Thanks for visiting and thanks for the smiley. :)

    @ Aniket
    Ohh do, add it! I promise you - you won't regret it.

    Yeah, peaceful water really does give you that wonderful serene feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will check it out and will see if my husband knows it. He spent a good bit of time around Wiesbaden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This poem is really wonderful mami g.....njoyed reading it absolutely n also want to thank u for visiting my page and motivating me.
    Regards
    Meenu

    ReplyDelete
  8. It takes a lot of talent to write that beautiful about nature. The picture and the poem really complete each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Makes me want to transport myself to this serene spot. Your words bring a placid feeling. I love water and how light reflects upon the surface. You have captured it well. Just beautiful, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your words brought the picture to life.The water looks so serene and the mountains look indomitable.
    Makes me feel how lucky I am to witness the marvel of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one made me feel entirely serene. I love the idea of a soul being so pure and light that it just reflects back the beauty of everything it sees, while still keeping a piece deep inside to hold onto and remember. Untainted, indeed.

    You managed to convey a lot here, with few words. And that seems fitting, somehow. Lovely, lovely poem, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Deep
    Thanks Meenu, I'm glad you enjoyed my poem - and you keep up the writing too. :)

    @ Nishant
    Yes, doesn't it look absolutely undisturbed. That's why I love this photo. Thanks for always leaving a lovely comment. TC :)

    @ Lena
    Thank you for the compliment Lena. I must get over to your blog soon, I always love what I read there.

    @ K.
    Good to see you back K. So glad my photo and poem gave you that feeling. That's what I wanted to capture.

    @ Aparna
    Yes, arn't we all very lucky to witness such marvels. Nature is just a priceless gift. Thank you so much.

    @ Sarah
    You managed to get exactly what I wanted to convey about the soul. I love every comment that comes from you. You really know how to dig deep into every bit of writing. Thank you so much Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. The description is very very poetic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Margaret, that is so lovely, both in words and photo. I love the idea of the landscape being within.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely. and yes, i'm back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Cat

    Yes, it's a lovely thought, isn't it? Thank you!

    @ Sawan

    Hi Anil, glad you liked it. I haven't been called Maggie since I was at school! :-D

    @ Lala

    Great to see you back Lala, stick around.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i wudn use tht name again if u din like it :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Feel free to use it Anil - It's nice to be called Maggie again. :D Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Margaret,

    Like flowers blossom during the spring season, so do the hearts of readers blossom while reading your poetry.

    I'm not intending to praise you in someway but I wanna tell you the truth that among those people whom I met so far, you are the best writer on nature's beauty.

    Yes, it is a fact that your poetry makes us readers emotionally alive and widens the horizons of our imagination.

    Mother Nature should wonder, "Am I really so beautiful as much as described in Margaret's poetic words".

    What can be said about such a marvelous piece of writing as this poem? The title "Untainted Soul" if truly fascinating.

    This poem brings us closer to the beauty of rich mountains, crystal clear river which is so bounteous and the true essence of a pure soul.

    Well, keep writing more on nature and I request you to increase your frequency of posting on both your blogs.

    Cheers,
    Charan.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ Sai Charan

    Dear Charan, a million thanks for such wonderful praise. I'm so happy my poetry brings your heart to blossom. Hearing comments like this warms my heart and encourages me to write more. I really would love to bring more posts on both blogs. I'll do my best. Thank you so much. Take care. :)

    @ R. Ramesh

    It's a pleasure to share my photos along with my poems with you all - glad you liked the pic, it's an awesome place!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I ditto all before me. A wonderful piece, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete