
Dear blogger friends,
Ireland, my homeland calls me back again. I'm flying back there tomorrow morning together with my daughter. It's one year since my mother passed away and so all the family are coming together in rememberance. I'm looking forward to spending some time with my father and meeting up with my brothers and sisters again.
I'll leave you with an Old Irish Blessing and an Irish Prayer......
An Old Irish Blessing
An Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
An Irish Prayer
May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer
I'll be back on the 15th, take care until then,
Margaret :)
Margaret - a bittersweet time for all. I'm glad you will be re-united with your family to remember the life of your mother. It is important to commemorate even the sad times in life with a gathering - perhaps even more so than celebrating the happier occasions. I'm sure you will have many recollections about your mom that will bring laughter, as well as tears. Just a year...all hearts are still tender and memories fresh. My thoughts are with you. Hugs to all.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful prayer Margaret.It went straight to my heart.
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy your time with your family, specially with your father. There will always be a void in your life but being together always helps.
I will say a prayer for all of you.
Take care, you.
ReplyDeleteHope the prayers bring peace to you.
I wanted you to be the first one to see one thing I had been working on.
Guess you'll have to see once you come back. :(
I'll probably post on it tomorrow.
K.- Thank you so much. Yes, these gatherings are really important. And I know there'll be lots of laughs too together with some tears.
ReplyDeleteYour words mean a lot to mean, thank you so much.
Aparna - Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I will definitely enjoy the time with my family. Thank you for the prayer, I'm sure it will help. :)
Aniket - Thank you my dear friend. Yes, I'll find peace there among my family.
I'm now hoping to have Internet access there, so hopefully I'll get to read what you post tomorrow. - You've made me curious now. :D
You too, take care. :)
I hope your trip is safe and the reunion with your father and siblings is a blessing to off of you. Thank you for the blessings and the prayer. To you, too.
ReplyDeletei hope you spend some good time with your family. i will say a prayer for your mom. see you.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Pl. collect more such gems when you are in Ireland.
ReplyDelete@ Nishant
ReplyDeleteIt's great to see you back. Thanks for your good wishes. Yes, I had a lovely time in Ireland. Now I'm looking forward to seeing your pics on your blog of your recent trip. I loved the photos of your brother's marriage. It was such an interesting post. :D
@ Karen
Thank you, my trip home was wonderful, as always.
@ Lala
The time spent with my family couldn't have been better. Thanks so much for the prayer.
@ Onkar
Thank you for your genuine comment. I'll try to bring more such gems to you.