
The plane touched down
And my heart felt good
Here I am back
In this country I love
With the clear fresh air
Lush grass so green
Light drizzle of rain
Softest I've ever seen
Friendly faces greet me
A smile always at the ready
As I make my way
My pace, slow and steady
For here in Ireland
There's no need to rush
People have time
Never giving you a push
Past wide open fields
The bus moves on and on
The rhythm to my ears
Like an old Irish song
Back in my old hometown
In the familiar house, so dear
With my loving Father
Feels wonderful to be here
Early morning, peaceful and quiet
The chirping of the birds, so sweet
A pleasure it is to watch them
As from the bread I throw, they eat
The house, so quiet and still now
Not like the old days, passed
When nine of us would laugh and joke
The years, they've gone so fast
Although I have to leave again
A part of me will stay
My heart will always be in Ireland
When again, I'm on my way....

Margaret that was beautiful, may I welcome you to Ireland
ReplyDeleteIrish Welcome
Welcome home, to the green fields of Erin
Welcome home, on the wings of a Dove
Welcome home, to the land where your heart lies
Welcome home, to the country you love.
Welcome home, to the bosom of your family
Welcome, to the home of your friends
Welcome home, to the soil that gave birth to you
Ireland, the welcome that never ends.
BMF
Thanks Brendan for the lovely welcome poem. There's always a warm, hearty welcome in Ireland.
ReplyDeleteMargaret
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful wordings..dear..shows how much you love your homeland..carry one..and keep loving your Mother Nature...
ReplyDeleteI definitely will always love my homeland, I think we all do. Thanx Hani for your precious comment, tc.
ReplyDeleteHi Margaret,
ReplyDeleteThe poem abounds in personal feelings for your motherland.
It creates a remarkably attractive picture of Ireland in the reader's mind.
Nice one, Keep writing more on Ireland, your homeland.
Thanks Charan, I'm delighted to bring Ireland closer to others around the world. I'm sure I'll be writing more on this subject in the near future...
ReplyDelete